Dracula.... too boring and meticulous or classic must-read?

I have a book reading fetish.... If you wanted to call it that haha. Lately though due to my schedule I haven't been able to read for any extended period of time. RIght now I am reading the classic, Dracula. It is great so far. The visonary details are descriptive, but not overly so which makes it more fun to read. Also because its written in a journal sort of vibe that makes it more approachable. All in all a good book so far.

I wonder how many people out there consider this book crap because they are obsessed over Twilight.... I guess Twilight is mildy ok if you can get past the underlying tone of Bella being completely dependant on a controlling psycho. I've read all of the books, but because I'm totally turned off by clingyness I couldn't get into it. It is just like Fifty Shades of Grey... I couldn't get into that either... If you do that's cool :) everyone is entitled to like what they like.
But back to dracula, it's the original vampire novel. Even Anne Rice is a notch below and that is saying a lot! It makes me wonder if vampire really do exsist. They probably didn't but imagine the world if they did... What would the world be like today? Would it be like the ending of Interview With a Vampire? Would they just walk amoung us and on the sly kill innocent people for survival? Would one of them look like Brad Pitt? Who knows...

After that I plan to read Frankenstein then Les Miserables (I'm a french IV student, it's almost like a rule to read that xD) and eventually finish the entire collection of Sherlock Holmes.

For those of you who have read any of these as well as seen any movie that was adapted from these stories, what do you think? Do you think the movie industry portrayed the characters in the right light or did they totally miss it?

I'm not sure how often I'll be posting, but check out my other stuff and leave mer some comments telling me whatcha think :)
Question of the Day!!! If you could be any character from a book, who would it be and why?

Bye darlings!!
January 21st, 2013 at 03:53am