Sister's Senior Year... More Problems for Me Then Her...

You know that feeling? The feeling where you know your doing something right and you end up doing it wrong? And you feel so happy that yo get something hard and then when they tell you, you were doing that something totally wrong. Well that's what I feel everyday when I come home. Sometimes I don't do anything and then there's my sister. Oh, guess what happened to me today? I got into another college and that makes four out of five! Or I got a 101% on my English test or I got a 89 in my Physics class. Then my parents look at her with smiles and say good job and then when I tell them something important or cool or something that happen I feel like what she did is all ways going to be better then me. I get a 99 on something or a 4 on an essay I did and then there's Emily...I got into Jump Start! I am ahead of people in my science class and I am going onto different stuff then my dumb ass science people. Oh I got a four on my health essay, oh guess what? I got a $18,000 scholarship to two of my four colleges and I might be able to go to college and come out with little or no debt! Yeah. It's not like i'm not happy for her, I really am but...sometimes I feel like I'm living in her shadow and I have giant ass shoes to fill. Then dad goes onto telling me that I am going to go to Penn State and I am going to party it up. Well where is your worrying about me? Where's your I'm worried about her coming of of school with a ass ton of debt? It seems like your more worried about her then me and you probably think I am going to accomplish a shit ton of important things but I am only one girl! I feel like when she leaves they are going to expect me to get straight A's and get a job at pays a lot and volunteer at the women's shelter and hang out with my friends because they don't want me to be "stressed". I just want to be me and only me. Not a mini version of my sister. Mommy says that she doesn't want me to fill Emily's shoes and to just be me. But how can I when people are all ways going to compare me with my sister?
January 25th, 2013 at 02:01am