Where to go? (Part 1)

I am standing at one of the most important fork in the road of my life and I don't know which way to go.. While I'm closer to one path, the other looks just as appealing. I am split between these two paths and I don't know which one to take... Each path represents a destination I would love to go to. One path leads to me moving to Durango, Colorado, and the other to Christchurch, New Zealand. Both are places I have friends at, and both are better than where I currently am: Home with my parents.

I do love my parents and everything they do for me, but it's time to leave and carry on with my life. Also because I see my friends, some same age or younger, out and about doing what they want and living their lives. Seeing that, I think of myself as the runt of the bunch. Then I start thinking, "How did they get to this point? How did they manage to leave home, and get a job(s) to survive on? And how I can't fucking get a job at all?!? I envy them so much..

Anyways.. back to the matter at hand of deciding where to go:

Like I said before, I am very split and don't know where to work towards going. While I am more keen to move to Colorado, there are many things I don't like happening that make me think of getting away from it all and move to New Zealand. I do love America and what it stands for, but lately I've been seeing what is happening in the country and it makes me think of the future in store for America and it's not something that I want to be here for. Of everything that is happening in this country, it's the politics that really sets me off. I am so sick of the constant drama caused by both sides spewing out anything they can do dis the other side and convince their followers that the other side is the enemy and needs to be wiped out so they can build America the way they think best. I live in a family of right wings and hear all about every little thing that our president "makes a mistake on." I then think back in 2004 when Bush was reelected and hearing my family laugh at the left wings on how they have stupid reasons to hate him and that they just keep repeating those idiotic phrases cause they can't get anything else on them. Right now, the tables have turned against them and they sound exactly like the left wings did when Bush was in office. Pointing out every "flaw" that Obama does and make it such a big fucking deal. It's because of the hipocracy of BOTH sides that I don't give a flying fuck of what is happening in the political mess that they created and is why I will not support either side. I don't consider myself right or left winged and hate both sides with a burning passion. And what makes me more pissed is that I know both sides make lies towards each other to slander them, and it's because they spew out anything to get at the other side, I don't know what is truth and what is pitiful lies cause at least SOME of what they say has to be truth right?

Moving on from the politics: With all the shootings going on, it's making the government think twice about the 2nd Amendment of our rights to bear arms, and hearing what the gun activists are saying to defend their right to bear their guns and them protesting and waving their gins about makes me think of a possible outcome that I don't want to witness and don't want to be here for if it happens: a revolution.. While I have been told several times that a revolution is coming (since the election of Obama in 2008 to be exact), but for as long as I've been told that I highly doubt it'll happen, but at the same time, it sounds like the right wings are angry enough towards the current administration to start one.... -- I am hating how it seems that every reason why I don't want to live in America anymore points towards politics.. I hate that subject so much I am at a loss of words and don't know how to continue writing without changing the subject from "where I want to go" to politics.. I can go on all day about how I hate the politics of this country..

As you might have guessed, politics is the number one reason why I want to get the hell out of here. I don't want to deal with it anymore. While I still have lots of research to do to see how the New Zealand government handles their politics, or even how they run, I am hoping that it's not as corrupt and messy as America's is right now...

This blog has gone on long enough. I need to take a breather, and an advil to help the headache I've given myself. I will continue this another day and cover some of the reasons why I want to go to New Zealand later.

Thank you for your time in reading my thoughts.
Cheers!
-Nathan
January 28th, 2013 at 08:28am