Sad story of a waitress and her tips.

I was snooping through some news earlier and I saw an article about giving tips at a restaurant.

Skimming through it, it said that it was that restaurants policy of a party being waited on with more than 8 people attending the restaurant gave an automatic tip of 18%.

There happened to be 20 people in that one party.

One of the people at the party was outraged by this scratched it out saying and wrote that why would he give them 18% when he only gave God 10% and signed it as "Pastor".

The waitress, politely went to the man and explained the policy that it was automatic and she had no control over it and he still was upset. He had no problem with her waitress service, he just didn't want to pay that much.

Their bill was $34.95 and 18% of that is .29 CENTS.

OKAY.
If I got to a restaurant and the waitress was exceptionally good. I leave $4-$5. That's me saying "Good job! I was impressed"
When I leave you a dollar, i'm saying "It could have been better" and if I don't leave one....well it speaks for itself.

I use to leave pennies and nickels in the shapes of smiley faces to my waiters because that's all I had, but at least I left something.

I think that man should have been a little more understanding to the fact that it is a restaurant policy and when the waitress explained it, if he still had a problem, speak to the manager.

I mean making a statement such as that he only give 10% to God and signed it "Pastor" was a little over the top.

For a party that large and a bill that cheap. 29 cents is not that big of deal.

What do you guys think?
January 31st, 2013 at 04:40am