Three Words You Should Never Send To Anyone:

"Go kill yourself."

Or any variant of the above statement.

There is absolutely no reason that this phrase should ever pass from you to someone else.

Oh, do they have a different opinion from you? Still not acceptable.

Are they of a sexual orientation you don't agree with? Nope, not an excuse either.

Different religious persuasion? Doesn't work.

They may have pissed you off, sure, but that does not give you the right to tell them to "kill themselves." I do not give a fuck if you are hormonally imbalanced teen, that still does not make it okay to tell someone to end their life. Are you so fucking ignorant and unaware of the world that you don't know that some people take things like that to heart, and it could possibly push them to depression, self harm, or to actual suicide? Do you realize that the shit you are too cowardly to say in person--yet you have no problem expressing it safely behind the screen of your computer where you can't witness first hand their reaction or wrath--could rob someone of their life? Because it can, and don't pretend like the unkind,mean spirited phrases you utter to others online have no effect on them whatsoever. That is so not true. That is so fucking bullshit.

There are those of your stupid and ignorant enough to use the defense, "well they shouldn't have taken it so personally, it's not my fault they did."

No, shut the fuck up. Because it is your fault. That's victim blaming and in no way is that an acceptable defense for your words and actions. They are not to blame for taking to heart things you never had to send in the first place. They didn't tell you to say that to them, they didn't force you to tell them to "go kill themselves" or the likes thereof. That was your own doing. That was your choice. Never theirs.

If you don't like someone or something they write or post, or how they dress or look or who they date, ignore them. Just drop it. You do not have to shove evil, hateful words down their throat and send them vapid, pointless, immature, and cruel hate-mail or messages. If you don't like it, just leave it the fuck alone. Telling someone else to "go kill themselves" isn't going to change their opinion--but it may just encourage them to actually do what you said and take their life.

Grow up. Stop throwing "go kill yourself" around like it's nothing. It's not okay, under any circumstances. Just stop, and be the better fucking person instead of the asshole who passes that phrase around like a friendly greeting because you don't like something.
February 1st, 2013 at 04:23am