Constantly changing

Who am I? Every single year, I would always say: "I'm going to change," but every year, I never do because every year there is something that keeps my old self intact. I can't be someone else and I know it. But, this time, I decided that it's actually time to change me. I always care how others feel and what they do instead of worrying about myself. Why should I care? I mean... it's not me. But that's wrong. Caring shows compassion and I just can't just sit around while others do stupid stunts. I will not care about anyone anymore. Sometimes, I just have to put myself above others because I am important too. They may not care and I may not even care for myself, but I definitely will try harder now.

Isn't it amazing how these things work out? I always wanted to be useful, but when I am used, I feel like dirt on the floor that is stuck to the bottom of someone's shoe. When I care for myself, I feel conceited and self-absorbed. Either way I lose. I learned that change is hard, but change is good.

Another thing I realized was that I don't want to be someone's number two. If someone likes you and you and your friend, don't go for him. It's easier said than done, but sometimes it's just not worth going for someone like that.

If you read this, thank you!
February 2nd, 2013 at 03:22pm