A Fresh Start

Writing has always been a way for me to express myself and as I grew as a person it mirrored in my writing. As I looked back at my writings on mibba, I've been absent for a while, I cringed. Good lord, they had most definitely been written when I was much younger. They were all very shallow, very poorly written fan fictions that made my fingers itch towards the delete button. I could see there was potential in some of them. The ones that hadn’t been written simply to gain readers and subscribers, but others made me want to hide and never touch a keyboard again.

Part of me wonders if everyone who is serious about writing feels this way at some point. The itching in my fingers won out. I’m starting anew and every shred of writing I had on this website has either been erased or soon will be. It saddens me that to gain readers I have to write something dripping in clichés and sex. Again, I’m starting over ad this time the writing that is submitted to mibba will be something I won’t look back at and cringe. Creating something I can be proud of has always been a goal. I never truly understood what that meant until I asked myself what would make me proud. The answer is simple: I want pieces that reflect my personal style and creativity. I’m no longer fishing for readers, subscribers, and overall popularity. While it was nice, it left me with a truly empty feeling.

That being said: Tally ho!
February 3rd, 2013 at 09:12pm