My Horse; Showing, Injuries.

So, most of my friends know I'm a horse rider. I love it. I love riding all the horses I can, but I love riding my horse the most. Though, he's dangerous and kinda crazy, and is often injured, I still love him the most.

Last year, I got to show him twice, out of seven times; because he got injured. It was a huge bummer, but I still got to show a private owner's horse, so I got the experience at least.

Well, the show year is coming back around this year, and I'm hyped up... Kinda. Applejack (my horse) has gone through some serious back and hind end injuries. I mean, as far as I can see and feel; he's fine. But, he's really stiff and doesn't always move right when I first start working him. It's kind of bringing me down. Especially when the barn owner says, "I wouldn't show him. There's something wrong back there, that he's isn't letting on to anyone. I know he loves you and you love him, but maybe you should give him the year off. Give him time to heal whatever needs to heal; but that's what I would do. If you decide to do that, ride one of my horses, work one of them to where they need to be for you to be happy. Don't let the summer go to waste,"

Don't get me wrong, I'm super grateful for the offer, but I haven't gotten to show my horse. Applejack works hard, he loves his job of dressage. He puts his heart and soul into making me happy, and I do the same. I just wish I could know what was wrong. It's really sad, because I have this thought that I'll never be able to show him again. I'm fearful of bringing a vet out because I'm scared that he'll tell me that all he'll ever be is pasture pet.

Then again, I believe in my horse. I know he'll push through. He's beat the odds before, he'll beat them again! I know he will! He has to.

I got some therapeutic warmers for him, to help him out. I've done the research about the products, and the brand that I'm purchasing from. I've also read the reviews, and all I can say is I'm pleased. I haven't received the products yet, because I just ordered them today, but I have faith that they'll work and I'll be able to show Applejack this season.

I don't really have a purpose for this blog, just to share my concern on things, I guess.
February 4th, 2013 at 02:52am