"It's none of your business."

I hate it when one of the people that you've been joined at the hip with for the past four years is treating you like you're just another kid at your hick high school.

We were just on the phone because she hadn't been in school today and I was going off about one of the few people in the world that can irritate me to no end to the point where my theoretical rope is nonexistent. And then I finish, there's an awkward silence, and she starts laughing. So I ask what she's laughing at; I've noticed that we never actually have conversations that are normal. One or the other is doing something so we don't command the attention of either party. Only recently has that become to bother me.

But she starts laughing and so I ask her what she found that she's laughing at and she goes, "It's none of your business," in this tone that just screams you're disgusting and would be warranted if I had asked something really obscene, but it hurt. Maybe it's just that I'm sensitive, but I felt really offended, so I just hung up. I didn't want to say anything hurtful back.

I feel like my life is falling apart and that things can't move fast enough to get me out of high school and on to college.
February 4th, 2013 at 11:22pm