I'm Living a Nightmare.

I'm living a nightmare. I'm sure of it.

It surely doesn't help that it's winter here in Canada. Which basically means:
1) If you plan on being outside for more than half an hour, invest in sunglasses. Snow blindness is no laughing matter.
2) Long johns. Embarrassing beyond belief.
3) Iced lungs. This particular downfall is not specific to, but hits hard, smokers.
4) Hat hair.

I can't help but long for the summer. The sweat and the sun and the warmed to the core skin. Summer is almost like being encased in a cocoon of golden warmth.

There you go, poetry.

Everything seems better in the summer. School, work, relationships, family.

School wise, I'm in my first year of University. Second semester. After realizing my full potential in high school I was accepted to the school of my choice, and am now realizing, much to my parents dismay that I fucking hate it. Sure, you have more freedom than high schoolers, but kids; Spiderman was not kidding when he said "with great power, comes great responsibility." I feel confident alluding to Spiderman because freedom is power, in a sense. Come summer, it will be less of a drag to get out of bed and brave the cold for 20 minutes on the bus. I will look forward to spending time in the quad with my friends.

Summer - 1. Winter - 0

Work is hitting its dead months. It picked up around Christmas and I was literally rolling in money. The superb amount of cash influx I was generating was more than enough to keep the winter depression at bay. However, Christmas came and went and now I'm lucky if I get one shift every two weeks. My manager has predicted that come the summer months I will be rolling in my ever dwindling pile of cash money.

Summer - 2. Winter - 0.

Relationships and I have always had a rocky understanding. Considering my affinity towards girls, its only made that more complicated. Two girls in a relationship? Yeah, that's basically code for 'duck and cover." At least from my experience. Winter for me, in the relationship department is even more dead than my work schedule. I've since, dabbled in a very physical relationship with my shower head. Summer comes around and suddenly everyone has this itch they can't scratch, and fuck me if I'm not just the person to scratch it.

Summer - 3. Winter - 0.

Family is what has seriously got me contemplating downing the bleach under the kitchen sink. I haven't had a proper conversation with my dad since I was about 12, my mother is overbearing and hard to accommodate. Then there is my sister . . . Now don't go taking everything I'm saying out of context. I love my family more than I can bare, but that doesn't mean we LIKE each other. We're just genetically predisposed to DEAL with our family members bullshit. That being said, my sister, a solid ten years older than me has moved back home with a two year old and a bun in the oven. I thought my mom and dad were hard to deal with? Since my sister has moved in, I've been taking shots of that bleach under the kitchen sink just to keep the edge off. When summer finally comes around, they'll be moved out and so will I.

Summer - 4. Winter - FUCK YOU!
February 7th, 2013 at 01:12am