My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark.

"The new fall out boy song is so fucking clever. The idea of the song is that rock and roll is being destroyed by talent-less people in the mainstream. They’re mocking today’s music while using today’s music and it’s absolutely brilliant."

- pieces0fmind, Tumblr

My first reaction to the FOB Hiatus-No-More was pure, unadulterated joy. And then I found out about the show and the album and the new single and I had to drop everything to look up all I could.

I must say, I love the new single. While others believe FOB have "sold their soul to the industry devil" I think the complete opposite. Then again, we've only heard one song. I love the new single, and I will love FOB either way they go. It's the same with any other band - Avenged Sevenfold, Pierce the Veil, Of Mice & Men, Metallica, or even fucking Florence + the Machine. If you love the band enough to understand their music then how they play it shouldn't fucking matter.

All this hate on FOB pisses me off and I'm tired of the whiny little bitches that think FOB has made a "manufactured pop song". FOB has NOT become a pop band. You've heard one song. They could be screwing with us just like they did with the whole "no we're not coming off hiatus" rumors.

As for the single being a disappointment and "nothing like the Fall Out Boy [we] have been hoping would come back and floor us with their new album", just shut up. I don't even want to hear you. Go back to listening to 'Take This To Your Grave' for all I care. I like what FOB has offered us and I'm impatiently awaiting more of their "Save Rock and Roll" album. I will be buying it, and will be finding out if I've just stuck my head up my ass or not.

So light 'em up.
February 7th, 2013 at 03:20am