"I'm that weird girl that..."

So, I was searching for GIFs of Marilyn Manson to put as the header for my blog because, even though I love Rorschach dearly, I think maybe having him once at the top and once at the bottom is too much, and Marilyn's music is actually the inspiration for one of the stories I'm working on (Well, technically society is, but listening to his music always makes me look closely at society. ANYWAY.), so I figured why not give him some love in my blog layout?

WELL. As I was looking through pages upon pages of images, I came across this, and I got to thinking.

Image

While it may be that the girl who submitted this post is in fact considered "weird" by people she knows for listening to him, is it really that odd or weird of a thing?

I mean, his music isn't "for guys" or "for girls". His music has distinct messages about people and society and what he sees wrong in the world today. I didn't think that that meant girls shouldn't listen to it or that it was for specific types of people. I figured it would be a message for the world.

Image

Like I said, it's not a huge deal, and it's entirely possible that she is/was made to feel really weird for it.

But if that was the case, then that's a damn shame. No one should be made to feel weird based on anything, let alone music taste. But with an artist that's so profound especially. Someone that's not marketed himself toward any one gender.

Image

Being a girl and listening to Marilyn Manson should definitely not be "weird".

But, then again, coming from a family of strict Christians, they find me to be "out there" and "heathen" for it (Among some other things), so I guess that's similar.

Image

WELL. I answered my own question, which makes this journal relatively pointless, doesn't it?

Image

Oh well. I took too long finding the proper GIFs and I like them so here. Have some GIFfage.
February 7th, 2013 at 04:56am