Meeting We The Kings & Natives

Alright, I won't say much about the concert. It was just awesome, but maybe a little short. When we arrived at the venue there were like 8 people and we met some nice girls. At some point 4 guys walked past us and one said:''Hey are you excited for the show?'' And I just realized it was Coley, when the guys walked away. We had enough time so we walked around the building where the bus was parked. From somewhere we heard music (later we guessed it was Nerdrock aka Josh because of what you can see in the CTFxC vlog).

Eventually we got inside the venue and I stood in the front row on the very right. The stage was really small but it didn't really matter. The support act 'Natives' was really awesome. It was somehow sad that nobody seemed to be that happy to see them. I didn't know them as well, but they did a very good job and heated up the crowd. As soon as they were finished I looked around to see We The Kings' techs. I had a few missions I wanted to accomplish:
1. 'Say hello to Nerdrock'
2. 'Meet We The Kings'
3. 'get Charles to see your CTFxC sign'
4. 'talk to Charles about certain things' (CTFxC High-Five, the tour dates thing, the hoodie thing)
Okay I was too shy to say something first although the techs walked right in front of me. Shame on me. However the concert was awesome and the band talked to us a lot. Travis kind of mocked us for yelling 'whoooo' so often. Again they were able to say some German things like 'Ich heiße Coley', 'Ich heiße Travis', 'Ich liebe euch', 'Guten Abend Berlin', but the best thing was 'WUNDERBAR', which was Nerdrock's favorite German word (it means wonderful). I was standing right next to him the whole time and I kind of observed him a lot. He had a huge grin on his face when we all screamed 'wunderbar'. Nevertheless during the first song I held up my sign, which said 'We The Kings & CTFxC ftw' and Charles nodded at me approvingly. Then sometime later I held it up again and he smiled at me.

Okay that were like the most important things about the concert. After the concert my friend got hold of one of Danny's drumsticks. I got a half high five from Travis and then Nerdrock handed me a set-list. When I thought it couldn't get any better it got better. There was this really angry bouncer, who shooed us away as soon as the concert was over. My friends already left but I stood there looking back at the stage. Most of the people already left and then my head stopped working and I ran to the stage. ''Hey Josh!?'', I yelled. He stood up and turned around. ''Hey!'', he said and smiled. I asked him for a high-five and he said something like 'Absolutely.'' I can't even remember I was so excited. I said thanks, bye and left. A little awkward but I did it. His hand was really cold (mine is always cold too).

We then went to the merch table and bought merch of course. The bouncer was already yelling again but we ignored him. Natives waited for the fans in the hall as well and we asked them for autographs and pictures before heading outside. We then waited I don't know how long, but really long in the freaking cold. First we stood next to the bus and watched the techs bring the equipment outside. When the singer of Natives walked past us we handed him German chocolate and he was very thankful so he hugged our little group. (he smelled really good).

Some time later Hunter and Coley came outside. They didn't stay long, but we got pictures and autographs. Of course we gave chocolate to them, too and they were happy about it. It didn't took long and then Danny and Charles came out. First thing I thought. Oh, Charles is smaller then you thought. I'm watching his vlogs for like a year and just expected him to be a little taller. I was the CTFxCer so I walked up to him and first thing I asked for was a CTFxC high-five. ''Of course'', he said. ''I'm a CTFxCer, sorry but I don't have a shirt or hoodie yet.'', I then said. ''Aww. That's okay. Do you want me to sign this?'' He wasn't able to get the cap back on the sharpie, I though it was adorable and typical for him. He is kinda clumsy (I realized that during the concert too) I handed him chocolate with coffee flavor then and asked for a picture. We had a little awkward moment then because first he was stepping to the side and I followed him and then he made a step to the other side and me too. He then said something like:''Oh on which side do you want. I need to get the chocolate in my jacket first.'' My friend took a photo and I let them get autographs and photos too before I walked up to him again. Actually his voice sounded higher like in the vlogs, it was weird to me because it's like I knew him so so long and know saw so many private thign and then his voice is different. Not really but a little bit. However there was this green light over the door so I couldn't see his face that good, also I didn't even think about what I said. It was something along these lines:''And I'm mad at you'' He then looked at me like a poor puppy you stepped on the tail, really cute. ''Because you posted the wrong dates. First there was a show in hamburg and then...'' He looked really guilty and kind of stopped me from talking. ''Yeah it wasn't my fault. The label said it...'' He then told me about Sweden and I seemed to have a blackout about what he said else. I manged to say something like''Yeah it's alright. We are here now, but we drove 4 hours!'' Charles looked pretty impressed. ''Oh wow.'' He then grabbed into his pocket and got a 1 € coin out. He handed it to me and said:''You know, I hate coins. This is a little bit gas money.'' I was kinda shocked and said thanks. He smiled at me to make sure I wasn't that mad anymore (I didn't even said it that angrily, but he seemed kinda shocked about it). We then walked over to Danny. While we waited I saw Charles starting to vlog. There were a few girls from Poland, who drove 12 hours and so on (I'm in the vlog for like a second). Now Travis walked around the house looking really irritated (I think it was a joke) ''Oh man, I was walking around for like an hour and you are still here'' They didn't had that much time left so we hurried up. When we got to Danny we handed him 'Knoppers' because we knew he liked it. He had a huge grin on his face and yelled over to Charles something like this:'' Hey Charles look what I got.'' ''Oh, you have to share'' ''No it's just for me'' ''But I got wine.'' ''I got wine too.'' Then Charles looked offended, but not in a serious way. However Danny signed our things and we got pictures. He stood onto a step so he looked a lot taller than I was. He then said to me''Du bist sehr schön'' (you are very beautiful) with a cute accent. I didn't know how to react because nobody ever said that to me so I just said:'Aww, thanks.'' I was too awkward to say 'you too' or something like that. We then met Travis again doing all the stuff we did before (this time my picture with him looks a little better). My friend then asked him to sign something for a class mate of ours and my other friend wanted to know if he ate the chocolate we gave him last time. ''Every time we are in Germany we get loads of chocolate. We sure ate them.'' We then said something like, if you eat too much chocolate and my friend said:''But you are not that fat.'' And he explained if he plays shows it was alright. They guys then had to leave and we said goodbye. I'm still so starstruck I can't even think of nice expressions to tell you about that day. If there a mistakes, well sorry I'm fan girling over here! It was my dream to meet Charles. He is my idol and just asdfgrthreghwetfwfef alright. :D thanks for reading :)
February 7th, 2013 at 06:38pm