Opening up

It's amazing how opening up to friends and family and truly have a heart-to-heart conversation about your feelings, as well as goals and expectations in life. It's really hard to open up and talk about feelings you have towards another, as well as your goals towards family knowing how they will be affected by them, but the results are more amazing and motivating than I have ever thought.

I have been brewing about my goals so long and haven't said much, or done much to help get them in motion. But now after a couple of true and honest heart-to-heart conversations about my feelings and goals with a close friend, and my family, I am more motivated than ever to fulfill my goals and satisfy my feelings. While I understand that I need to put my feelings aside with my friend and be just friends for now because of our living-situations, I can't help but feel that as friends we have become closer and understand each other more than when we did before. That conversation also justified my goals to move out where she is, not to be with her, though a possibility, but to get out of where I live now. Not too long ago I opened up to my mom and spoke about my goals and feelings. While she was disheartened that I want to move so far away, she was more than happy that I was able to talk about them. And because I opened up about that, she has already began to help support my decision and start pointing me in the right direction of what I need to do to make it all happen.

I am going to work my friggin ass off to make this happen. I have never felt this motivated to accomplish something and is shocking me that I can indeed want to do work to get what I want instead of sitting around doing as minimum as possible and slowly take action to do what I want. I am thankful I have a family that is willing to go the distance for me to help my goals become a reality and truly motivates me more to do what it takes.

Thank you for your time to read my thoughts,
Cheers!
-Nathan
February 9th, 2013 at 12:04am