I don't need your approval.

There is something about One Direction that really bugs me, and it's not about them specifically. It's the fans.
I was at a yearbook staff meeting after school on Thursday, and our advisor left us in the library's computer lab to work on our pages. Most of us procrastinated and jammed out to One Direction music the whole time, and my best friend Hannah thought I was a maniac because I was so excited to hear "I Want" (one of my favorites). But, there's this girl, Caroline, and she is getting on my nerves more and more each day.

We sit next to each other in homeroom and have for the entire school year. She's fairly nice, but I think her opinions can be overly biased and she doesn't really listen to anybody. That's showed by the way she says "whatever" when I finish stating my view of something.
She's on yearbook staff, and at the meeting on Thursday, she was saying that I was "only a directioner if I knew this and this and this." "Julia, you're not a directioner if you don't know who the drummer is. If you don't know the exact date and time the band was formed or all their birthdays or their star signs and all that. You're a One Direction fan. There's a difference."
I turned to stare at her, and amused smile on my face. "Seriously? I don't need to know every single fact about them to be a 'Directioner.'"

She furrowed her brow and scoffed. "Yeah, you do." I just rolled my eyes. Some people are just unbelievable.
I'm not going to give myself a name based on how long I've been a fan of One Direction or how many facts I know about all of them put together. Or a "Directionater?" God, that stuff is so irritating. Girls get in so many spats about stuff like that and it's not even close to worth it.

Plus, when I started dancing to "I Want," she looked at me in disgust but then started singing as loud and awfully as she could. I'm not judging you for how you react to it, so extend me the same courtesy.

Oh well. I'm glad I live in an atmosphere like Mibba where there is a good portion of intelligent life.
February 10th, 2013 at 05:35pm