I saw someone die today.

Well, right before they died. As they were having the heart attack that caused said death.

Basically, there's this street downtown in my city that has like, all the schools. There's the primary school, then the elementary, than the high school, then the online. I was visiting some friends at the high school before going to online, and when I started walking over to my school I saw a whole bunch of people on the road I walk on to get to school. I just kept walking, but then I see this guy just bolt out of his car and run across the road, so I turn to see what he's looking at.

There's this middle aged man on the ground bleeding and convulsing, and he's surrounded by people who are beating on his chest and trying to give him CPR and all that. I really didn't know what to do so I just kept walking... and went to school...

I found out about an hour later that that was a teacher at that school, and he dropped and went into cardiac arrest in front of all his students. He was rushed to the hospital, but passed away once he was there. It's horrible. I live in such a small town, everyone knows each other.. Everyone is devastated. My whole town just fell into a hush once it happened.

And I saw it, and I feel sick. I know I shouldn't be thinking about me in times like this, but I can't sleep. I've never seen someone that was dying before. Every time I think of it I want to throw up.

I hate death. I hate tragedy. I don't even know what to do.

RIP Mr. Rigby. You'll be missed.
February 13th, 2013 at 08:00am