...

Someone once told me that you should never write according to expectation. Not creatively, at least. Your words are yours for a reason, and should not be weighed down with what group of readership will enjoy what, or when. This includes, and perhaps should be especially applied to, what your family expects and wishes to read. If you are to become your own person, to secede from the role that someone else cast you in, and break the mould, you have to know that you are different and relish in that fact. 

Barring, of course, blatant hate-speech and talk of racial superiority, there is very little ground for the person who fears treading upon other people's toes to stand on, when it comes to writing. Someone else has already lived, written, and expounded upon the most radical of ideas that you hold within you, often to the point of it utterly consuming them in the process. These few are the founders of theories, the fathers of philosophy, and the rule to live by. 

So if you feel at all that your thoughts may be too complex, too radical or abrasive, remember that even the most ghastly, convoluted or critical of personal ideologies is bound to garner a few followers during the course of its inception. So you need no justification for your work, other than that you believe in what you created. 

And if you don't believe it, why did you even write it?
February 15th, 2013 at 12:41am