All my friends are guys because girls are all drama

I mean, guys are so much more laid back, I'm sick of all the drama that comes with girls, so I'm not really friends with them at all. All my friends are guys! I'm just not like other girls, I guess.

...

If you say that without any irony in your words and are 120% completely honest there is a serious, serious chance that I dislike you with a fierce intensity omg. I don't want to say I hate you, because I don't know you and therefore cannot judge, but I probably will hate you if it came down to it.

I honestly think that's THE STUPIDEST THING a girl CAN EVER SAY and is SO FUCKING DUMB and WHY WOULD YOU EVEN ajkfkAFSLJ.

And this is inspired by my friend, who told this to me today. We're the sort of friends that have been friends since we were small kids, so that attributes a lot to why we're friends, because I honestly don't think we would be if I just met her recently. And it's true, out of all her friends (excluding passive acquaintances and all that) all her friends are guys, except me. I'm legitimately her only close girl friend.

If the majority or if even all your friends are dudes, there is nothing wrong with that, honestly. If it just so happens that are your close relationships are with dudes, again, that's totally a-okay. Dudes can be really awesome, I am not going to deny this, because I know tons of really awesome dudes. The problem is when girls will avidly avoid friendships with other girls and will go to the extent to dismiss all other girls because "they're all bitchy and drama."

what.

She's all "yeah all the guys just say I'm one of the boys, hahaha I'm not like other girls, other girls are so drama and bitchy, all my dude friends agree."

... are you serious right now? I'm going to give you a little newsflash:

GUESS WHAT.
YOU ARE A GIRL. THAT'S RIGHT. YOU ARE A G-I-R-L GIRL.
YOU ARE IN NO WAY EXEMPT FROM THAT ALL GIRLS ARE DRAMA AND BITCHY RULE THAT YOU SEEM TO UPHOLD. YOU ARE NOT DIFFERENT THAN ALL OTHER GIRLS. YOU ARE A GIRL.
AND GUESS FUCKING WHAT?
YOU ARE EXACTLY LIKE EVERY OTHER GIRL WHO CLAIMS THAT SHE IS NOT LIKE EVERY OTHER GIRL AND THERE ARE LIKE 1000 OF YOU ANNOYING ANNOYANCES I'M TRYING NOT TO BASH HERE SO BARE WITH ME BUT ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE CHIMING THE SAME ANNOYING CRAP.

It's so fucking annoying when girls try to disassociate themselves with the female gender like "oh, yeah, I'm not like those girls, I'm not like a girl, I'm one of the boys". Like being like a fucking girl is a bad thing and omg because a dude is totally the best ever I'm going to be exactly like a dude.

GUESS WHAT? NO, THAT'S WRONG. GIRLS ARE AWESOME, OKAY?
AND GUESS WHAT? GUYS CAN BE AWESOME TOO.
BUT THEY ALSO CAN BE DICKS.
LIKE GIRLS CAN ALSO BE DICKS.
BECAUSE WE'RE ALL FUCKING HUMAN AND THEREFORE HAVE THE CAPACITY TO BE BOTH DICKS AND AWESOME.

Being a girl is I repeat, NOT A BAD THING. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH LIKING GIRLY ASSOCIATED THINGS. You paint your nails? Cool. You wear lots of dresses? Sick. You like shopping and whatever else is considered girly? Ill. Your favourite colour is pink and you adore small fluffy animals and I'm running out of generally girly things but let's just add the rest of them here? That's completely fine.

There is nothing wrong with liking society definition of more feminine things, while there's also nothing wrong with liking society's definition of more masculine things. There is nothing wrong with having dude friends, but there's also nothing wrong with having chick friends.

If you have a legitimate reason to not like a girl, then yeah sure, but half of the time I swear my friend dislikes girls for the entire reason that they are a girl and they are trying to be friends with her dude friends, therefore taking the attention off her being a "cool girl but not really a girl" or whatever. I told her she's being stupid and she's just like whatever Gabby you're cool I like you don't take it to heart I'm not taking about you.

I should be so lucky. Like IT'S NOT A COMPETITION. WE CAN ALL BE AWESOME CHICKS. IT'S NOT LIKE ONLY ONE CHICK CAN BE AWESOME EVER. THAT'S NOT HOW THIS WORKS.

And it's not just her, so many girls are just like yeah I'm not like other girls wah wah other girls are so stupid. Like shut up. "OTHER GIRLS". AS IF THEY'RE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RACE OR SOMETHING. WHY IS BEING A GIRL SUCH A BAD THING? YES, I LIKE TO WEAR MAKE UP. I LIKE HAIR BOWS. I LIKE PASTEL COLOURS. ALL THINGS ASSOCIATED WITH GIRLS.

BUT I ALSO LIKE DUDE-ISH THINGS TOO. AND THAT'S PRETTY COOL TOO.

My friends are pretty split between dude friends and chick friends, and I like it like that. Yes, you do have different sorts of friendships with both, I'm not going to deny that but they both have their benefits. My best best best friend is a girl and y'know what? She's fucking awesome. And I love her. And it's stupid that so many other chicks miss out on awesome friendships because "all girls are bitchy and drama."

YOU ARE JUST ADDING TO THE INCREDIBLY MISOGYNIST SOCIETY WE LIVE IN AND IN THE LONG RUN ARE JUST MAKING IT HARDER FOR YOURSELF WHICH IS REALLY STUPID OF YOURSELF GOOD JOB BECAUSE YOU ARE A GIRL AND BY SAYING ALL GIRLS ARE BITCHY AND DRAMA YOU ARE SAYING THAT YOU ARE BITCHY AND DRAMA EVEN IF YOU SAY YOU'RE NOT LIKE OTHER GIRLS GUESS WHAT?

EVERYONE IS GOING TO SEE YOU AS THE SAME AS OTHER GIRLS. AND THEY WILL SEE YOU AS BITCHY AND DRAMA IF YOU KEEP TELLING PEOPLE ALL GIRLS ARE SUCH. I CANNOT STRESS HOW MUCH YOU ARE NOT EXEMPT FROM THIS RULE.

THERE ARE NO "OTHER GIRLS" AND YOU. THERE ARE JUST GIRLS. YOU ARE A PART OF THAT. GET OVER IT. EMBRACE YOUR FEMALE AWESOMENESS AND CELEBRATE OTHER FEMALE AWESOMENESS.

IT'S A REALLY STUPID CYCLE AND YOU'RE JUST ADDING TO IT.

Can we just appreciate the best mean girls quote of all:

You’ve got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores.

EXACTLY TINA FEY, EXACTLY.

YOU ARE BEING SEXIST. AGAINST YOUR OWN SEX.
THIS IS INTERNALIZED MISOGYNY AND IT'S SO STUPID.

Okay I'm done I feel super preachy right now and it's weird I feel like I need to say something stupid to balance it out.

Hey, happy valentines day.
you guys are the kim jong illest.
February 15th, 2013 at 03:08am