WTF

Ok so i have been getting increasingly pissed off at the world in general, like seriously i am getting so fed up with all the stereotypes around me or just people's first world problems. Like for example i am sure you all know that today was Valentines Day, ahh yes the holiday created out of a massacre. So ayways i was at school today as per usual and all i saw were these chicks with huge ass teddybears and roses and choclate and shit, and they are all comparing shit like, "oh my teddybear from Brad is bigger than the one Aaron gave you." and im over here like "really WTF?!?!?!?! i would be so okay if a guy just said Happy Valentines Day I love you, to me." Because you know i already hate the fucking holiday, seriously it was created by cheesy geeting card companies and has no real purpose. But anyway this is only one example i have and you know this is why it makes me mad ok im in the eighth grade and these girls act like they are going to marry these boys. But lets be realistic after highschool we won't really ever see these people again and honestly i'm going to laugh when you are preagnant and struggling to make ends meet because you were worrying about whether Brad or Aaron gave a better bear rather than paying attention in class. So have fun in the trailer park i'll be getting my MD, thanks. So why do these girls worry about it? Well i'm no scientist, and i don't have statistics but i would like to share my thoughts if thats alright with you (and i dont really care if its not cuz well its my blog) so I believe that young girls care about relationships and other petty matters such as who has the best purse because of one thing, MEDIA. Media is teaching girls that the only way you will be loved is if you look like a twig and dissapear if we turn you to the side. But really this isnt true. I know for a fact that most girls around my age have self image issues and i dont see why this is okay, i mean the suicide rate in teen girls is far too high and most of the suicides result from them being bullied to the point of insanity. Now why are they being bullied? Oh yeah because they aren't as perfect as the media would like. I'm sorry that i don't look like a supermodel but i mean i think i look pretty damn good. So please take your negative comments somewhere else to someone who has a fuck to give cuz i don't, sorry.
Hate me or love me i really don't care.
-Lea
February 15th, 2013 at 06:06am