I can't believe I've been on Mibba for 7 years...

I'm 99.9% sure no one remembers me, because I don't recognize any of you. This is mostly my fault because I disappeared about two years ago.

I joined Mibba shortly after it opened in 2006, and was a pretty active user for three years. I wrote stories (but never finished any) and articles, posted on the forum, and made a good deal of friends. Sadly, it seems like most of the people I became acquainted with have since moved on. I've checked most profiles and their last activity was over a year ago. I have, however, found two old friends that are still active and I hope to reconnect with them.

A combination of things caused me to leave. Half way through junior year in high school depression hit me hard. I stopped writing. Any forum I posted on began dying out. I had no real reason to stay active here. By that time, Mibba started to slow down. The old members left and I just didn't connect to any of the new ones. Senior year I recovered and tried to get back into the Mibba-scene. However, my story ideas had dried up and a great deal of my time was invested in a video game franchise my brother introduced me to (and I'm still invested).

So I left. I went away to college and didn't think about my ideas. I renewed my interest in drawing and discovered a love in cosplaying. Through creating characters to draw, though, old ideas came back. I have many characters that have basic back stories. If at one point I can consolidate them into a solid plot, I may write again. Until then, I may just lurk in the shadows and see what this new, younger crowd of Mibbians has created. And try to figure out this new layout...
February 15th, 2013 at 09:34pm