Important things you should know about me.

1. I'm a feminist.

To be honest, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't be a feminist? I understand the whole misunderstanding that feminists must all be 'man-hating nazis' but I assure you that is not true. Feminism is just about believing that women deserve equal rights.

And I'm not getting into it on this blog, but trust me the sexes are not equal right now.

2. I'm recovering from several mental illnesses

I'm not my mental illness, but they are a big part of me. That's something my therapist taught me. I can't let them rule my life, but I can't ignore them either. Which is why I got my latest tattoo, to represent my struggle with the three main illnesses that have rules my life.

Image

3. I love love love love love love comic books.

My number one favourite is Batman, hence why I'm getting a Batman tattoo. The B-Man's followed closely by Deadpool, then by X-Men, especially the Old Man Logan comics. I also love the Gotham City Sirens series (I have one of my favourites signed by the artist!) and the Nightwing comics. There's also a series of comics called Saga that I adore. I also love Iron Man and all Avengers, a really good one is Civil War.

I also hate the fact that as a female comic book enthusiast, I have to fucking justify everything to prove I'm just as much a lover of the comics as a guy.

4. I love tattoos and piercings.

I have four tattoos as of now, the one on my arm and the line from Alice in Wonderland 'We're All Made Here' on my chest both are for my mental illness (and love for Disney). I also have forest spirits just below my collarbone, from Studio Ghibli to show my love for the films and to remind me to seek the magic in life. I also have MCR lyrics 'I am not afraid to keep on living' on my arms to remind me to stay strong and that I will always be able to keep surviving. I also have four planned for next. One for my dad, who died, my Batman one, a Harry Potter one and a Mulan one.

I've also had ten piercings but I took my nose and lip piercings out, so now I only have eight, all in my ears. I want my nose re-done, my septum, snake bites in my lips and maaaaybe my belly button.

Thankfully my boyfriend loves them too. He's got five tattoos. Three are the start of his sleeve, which is gonna be hero based (book heros, superheros, gaming heros etc). He's got the lyrics 'A Time for Heroes' on his wrist, the triforce from Zelda above it and a Batman tattoo on his bicep. On his other arm he has the date his grandad died with barbed wire, and a snake.

I couldn't date a guy or a girl that didn't like body mods, I just couldn't.

5. I take nobody's shit.

You give me shit and I will kick your ass to hell and back again with my awesome. Seriously, I've spent too long taking peoples shit so now I take nothing. You can't knock me down, ever.

For instance, on my ask.fm I got a load of abuse and just totally owned them, because people who leave anon abuse are the lowest of the low.

--

Tell me five important things about you~
February 19th, 2013 at 04:38am