'To Be Mortal'; my story. Extras, hints, a summary and ooey gooey goodies! Q&A offered in the comments *SPOILERISH FREEISH*

Hello people floating in the sea of Mibba and writing and... stuff.

To all those who have read and/or subscribed and/or recommended and/or commented on my story To Be Mortal I have this to say... ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU! You people are the reason that I write. It's not just feedback, it's sharing my world; my love with you whether you liked it or not. So I must give a big thank you to my past, current and future readers and I give you all the best.

Okay; to go specifically to my story I must say I really like how it's progressing. The last chapter I posted ((named: Teach me)) was a littler duller than most of them have been or will be but I promise the rest will not be that way.

To Be Mortal is basically the life story of my character, Avianna Lynn, in an alternate universe I've fashioned specially for this story that includes many breeds of supernatural beings. So far we've met vampires, werewolves and had a brief encounter with one or two elementals (think about that for past and future reading thoughts). Don't worry, fantasy lovers, future characters include wizards, faries, shapeshifters, earth moving mole-people and lots more to look forward to. If you have any ideas or preferences; message me or post a lovely comment here. I love public input almost as much as I like breathing! (almost)

The POINT mostly to the story is Ava, how hardships, opportunities, love, war and internal conflict has shaped who she is and why she is who she is. I write in a point of view from one point reflecting on her past to contrast the differences between her then and now and I hope that you people can use that to hopefully understand her better as well as begin to predict future changes. I LOVE predictions of what might happen more than any type of comment; even the really awesome ones complimenting my writing. To predict means you were thinking about what I wrote, analysing it, and that is my goal of posting my words online. So even if you think it's stupid and impossible, post it. Even a private message is welcome to me, if you're afraid to put it out for all of Mibba to see. If you ask me, I MAY give you a yay-or-nay; but I will probably just give you a hint about it. I don't like spoilers, they're mean and boring; especially in a story like this that runs on secrets, deception and wonder for all it's suspense and intrigue.

For an example; I hope I can use this quote from a comment I received after the last chapter update... (gah, I hope this works '~' )
Chicago-Kid:
Hey, I like this. I like how the main character is like so kiddish. It's cuuuute. I want to be her best friend. I hope Oliver is actually a vampire though.

LOVE
First of all; thank you a million Chicago-Kid! Everyone loves comments but I think I can say I love comments the most! (maybe, unless someone here has some sort of comment-fetish, I don't think I'm at that stage quite yet) ANYWAY; I will say that Dr. Dubois is not exactly what he seems and that he plays more than a mere interviewer throughout the story. I will give many more clues within the actual text to his identity, but the focus will soon draw away from Ava's jail cell and into her past soon. I try to get each chapter to be at least 2000 words, and I must confess; I've been using their conversations as a bit of a filler. The story itself gets much more exciting within the next, oh say 2-3 chapters? It's a bit of a roller coaster ride so if you think it's dragging out a bit; I'm just going uphill a bit to give you a longer fall (if that makes any sense).

Anyway, any sort of comment like that should receive a similar if not clearer response.

As promised, here is a nice summary of the story. I hoped I haven't bored you too much with my rambling but :D.

The year is now 2030, and the world has been ravaged by war between the humans and the supernaturals. Last night that war stopped with the capture of one young woman; Avianna Lynn. She never really had a 'normal' life, per se, but it's about to come to an end when her power is finally taken from her. Drugged, tied up and nearly starved; she recounts her exploits to her captors, knowing full well that the end of her story is the end her life.

To Be Mortal is a different sort of story because it has//will have many, many themes. There is of course the person vs. self conflict within Ava; which will become much more apparent very soon. There is the conflict with her father and the lack of a mother or proper father figure in her childhood which also becomes more apparent very soon. I have mentioned the war, which I am uber-excited to write about, which also becomes a factor within the next bit. There are the incidents with the mafia werewolves, and more to come. There are so many things going on, I hope there is something for everyone. Romance, Tragedy, War, Mafia; I want to deal with as many subjects as I can.

So; COMMENTS - suggestions, predictions, notes, trolls, compliments, insults; I love to talk. Anything to light up my alert button. If you haven't read my story yet; I hope you will after this. Thanks for reading.

http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/505985/To-Be-Mortal/
February 20th, 2013 at 02:31am