Self Righteous Hard On and Social Anxiety.

So, I've been a slump lately where I feel like I'm alone and have no friends and that it was their fault but what I'm starting to realize is that it's actually mine. I've almost had this 'better than you' attitude that I didn't even know was there. I know myself and I know what I like and don't like to do but that doesn't mean that I have to get an almost self righteous hard on over it. I am who I am and I'm pretty confident that I know who I am so with that I need to get out and find people who share the same interests as me. I have a horrible case of social anxiety but the only way I can get over that is to face it. It's like right now I have plans to hang out with one of my good friends tomorrow but I'm anxious over it and I don't really have a reason to be I just am. But I need to learn how to deal with. It's like I'm always saying, 'If you can drink and do drugs and shit without it eventually controlling you then god bless' but it's almost like my social anxiety is controlling me and I don't like that at all. I have to deal with this before I become a crazy lady that orders everything online and never leaves her house and dies alone. I don't want that so I have to prevent it. So, I'm working hard on getting my licences so I can get a car and go out and live my life. But I really just want to ask for some advise on dealing with Social Anxiety. Anyone have anything?
February 20th, 2013 at 04:34am