Self Injury Awareness Day

So, personally, self harm has played a big role in my life - it still does to be honest. And I've heard of a lot of other people having to deal with it too. People usually hide it and all, out of fear mostly but Self Injury Awareness Day is coming up. It's next week Friday (March 1st) and that day is 'dedicated' to those people who have dealt with or still deal with self harm. It's to encourage them to reach out and talk to people, to make it easier for them to find some help, to possibly stop. And it's meant to help other people understand what self harm is all about and to not make fun of it or ignore it or anything like that.

Actually, I don't even know if that kind of day exists here in Germany where i live but I still want to do something. If I manage to bring up the courage, I was thinking of going to school without covering the scars. Other than that, I'm going to wear orange - because that's the color - and I wanted to get myself a henna tattoo of a butterfly in honor of the butterfly project.

Two reasons why I made this . 1: to spread the word about this day, it's not really very known. and 2, to see if you guys think my idea is good and if you guys want to do something... might be easier if we could do it together if you get what i mean

Anyway, take care and don't forget to wear orange!
February 20th, 2013 at 04:24pm