Long Live the Chemical

I need so desperately to get this off my chest, it makes me feel ill. I can't take this feeling. It's hurting me...

As I'm sure many of you know, the rumors have been free-flowing lately about one of our saviors of the broken, Mr. Gerard Way. They say any number of horrible things, that he's back on booze or cocaine, that he secretly hates the fans, even that he doesn't even write the lyrics he sings, and that the rest of the band knows and is desperate to stop him. And as much as it pains me to notice, a great number of my fellow fans are giving up hope because of it.

When I first heard the allegations, it just pissed me off. Jealous, vengeful internet cunts trying to knock a rock star down a peg, I thought to myself. But then I read the response it created. So many fans, willing to lose faith just like that, for fear of being naive! Even as I type this, that bitchy little voice in the back of my head known as Doubt is trying to gnaw away at my resolve and make me give in. Do you remember not so very long ago, right before Blink-182 split? There'd been problems and rumors for months. I actually broke down and cried quietly a little in PreCalculus the day someone told me they'd broken up. I'm not entirely sure my heart could take it if Gerard's words had been only an act.

Yes, I know he's only human, and he's nowhere near perfect. I know we can't expect him to be a saint and a savior all the fucking time. But I know in the pit of my heart that Gee is a good person, one who really cares about what the band does for us, and even if he's turned back to the drugs, that just means that he needs us now more than ever. No matter what, I am not giving up faith. We're always saying how MCR saved our lives; don't we owe it to them to be there for them in return?
September 2nd, 2007 at 03:43pm