Ed Sheeran left me crying for more: concert rant

It. Was. Fucking. Amazing.

I'm going to be cussing a lot in this, just saying.

So this concert was my very first concert, EVER. And let me tell you, I wouldn't have changed one single thing because god was everything absolutely perfect.

Firstly, the supporting acts were The Passenger (Mike) and a girl called Gabrielle (I think). They are both really good and Gab's voice was just, ugh, amazing. Though Mike was ridiculously hilarious - JESUS.

Though both of them were great, I just needed to see my favorite ginger onstage and oh my god, when the lights dimmed and the stage lit up, the crowd went fucking berserk and the most beautiful man I've ever seen walks on and HOLY SHIT YES. He was only wearing jeans and a shirt but fuck oh man.

I don't even recall him saying anything and he just started rocking that guitar and shit. I'll be putting in the setlist later. Aaanyways, he just slammed his hands onto his guitar and started singing and those things coming from my eyes were definitely not tears.

My sister was filming and she looked over at me and was like 'haha you're crying' then I told her to shush and listen. He was prancing around the stage and jumping on things like crazy.

Lemme tell you; Ed Sheeran has so much fucking energy, it's not even funny. He was screaming and singing and moving around a lot. He couldn't stay in one place and it was so cute.

His voice, THE RADIO, THE COMPUTER OR IPOD OR WHATEVER OTHER SHIT DOES NOT COMPARE TO HIM LIVE. No, it will never ever do justice to Ed's angelic voice. Oh my god.

I could barely see his features since we were seated at the very last row but there were two large screens that showed what the cameras were filming and holed Jesus mother of all gods - I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE ATTRACTED TO A MAN. And that's saying something since I'm always a perverted, insane being plus I've never been really that pbysically attracted to Ed. So BUT HECK HE CHANGED MUH MIND.

It was the way he owned the fucking stage, he knew what he was doing, he strum and rocked that guitar like I wish he'd do to me, he sang like heaven was streaming from his mouth but at the same time also insanely sexy. HE LIKES TO MOVE HIS HANDS AROUND THE MICROPHONE OKAY. I deserve these feelings...

He interacted with the crowd so well too. (I admit prior to the concert I did some research on fans' Ed experiences.) He was mostly trying to get the whole stadium to say "hell yeah" and specially during You Need Me, I Don't Need You, ugh that one particularly he picked out and elongated, adding bits here and there, and I think in this one, he included a part of Thrift Shop, which EVERYONE sang along to.

At the end of one of the songs, he took the microphone from his mouth and just sang to whole crowd without the support. It was fucking amazing, since the place was huge and I could clearly hear him even when I was at the very back row. Ugh and a few minutes after that, he was like "did you people in the back hear that?" At that point I lost it and just screamed as if there was no tomorrow and waved my hands around like a fucking idiot.

When he performed the really upbeat songs, he'd use a microphone and something would happen and that sound would repeat continuously and when he strummed his guitar the background would move in time with him. IT WAS SO FUCKING COOL.

He'd stomp his feet and tell the crowd to clap or something and jump onto something I don't know the name of which would get a dose of screams from us fans. He involved us A LOT, which was awesome.

Occasionally he would inform us that the next song would need peace and quiet and he'd make the crowd do this universal shh thing and he'd explain something about people surrounding you being noisy and how you should never ever punch them in the face but if you do feel the need, then he'll do it.

He was absolutely hilarious.

Though when the slow songs came...I just leaned forward and just listened and occasionally popped maltesers in my mouth whole listening. oh. my. fucking. jelly. beans. I would do just about anything if I was able to listen to that beautifulness my entire life!

One of my favorite parts was when he sang Wake Me Up which is the silliest songs he's written but at the same time sad and sweet (he says and you should all fricken agree).

He walked to the edge of the stage and we stated hollering and screaming and shouting when he pulled out this adorable toy koala. He was cradling it and everything and crap, it was the cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. Too bad my camera is crap. He told us his name was Nathan from Angry Boys and placed him on top of his guitar and everyone just cracked up and laughed and awwee'd.

So he began singing and I was mumbling the lyrics since it was a quiet song. And after the bubbles bit he was like "told you it was silly" and URGH WHY DOES THAT MAN HAVE TO BE SO ADORABLE. And after each chorus he'd go "you will never know just how beautiful you are" then bow his head and say "Nathan". IT WAS FUCKING PRECIOUS.

Another one of my favourite parts was when he sang Gold Rush (its just cute and the tune and the music is just aksisushw okay??), Kiss Me and it was a duet with Gab and the part that lasted from 7:30 til 11pm.

He started rambling on about some surprise after he told us about his AMAZING 19x platinum here in Australia and we were just "WOOIOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" but imagine damaged ear drums.

When he left the stage we all lost the plot and screamed and yelled and kicked and rolled on the ground suffering the pain from knowing he went away and that the concert was over.

Surprise was, HE WAS EXTENDING THE CONCERT SO IT WENT TO THREE AND A HALF HOURS. What a man. Kudos.

Yes, I cried, I got shivers and that walked over your grave sensation and I usually only get that when it's cold but it was very very warm in the stadium so it's all Ed's doing.

Here are the songs (I may have missed some):
Gold rush
Lego house
A team
Give me love
Kiss me
Small bump
Drunk
You need me, I don't need you
Oh daddy 
UNI
Grade 8 
Wake me up
The parting glass


To sum it all up: I WOULD GIVE UP JUST ABOUT ANYTHING TO SEE THAT MAN PERFORM AGAIN. Oh god I felt post concert depression on the way home and in my mind I was ranting about how I'd do just about anything to see him again I'd give up my life right now if I could watch him for my entire lifetime. That's what I told my mum.

Ed was just so... Laid back and relaxed and hilarious and the energy he gives for us fans IS RIDICULOUS. I swear I was going to lose my voice from all the singing (I have the most TERRIBLE voice but I sang because it's a fucking concert and Ed told me to) and screaming and shouting and I'm surprised my hands don't hurt from the continuous clapping.

HE WAS JUST AMAZING AND GREAT AND TERRIFIC. He is a FUCKING GREAT PERFORMER AND ENTERTAINER. I got the tickets for my birthday (though it was last year) SO BEST FCKING BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER AND EVER WILL BE I SUSPECT.

It is now almost 5:30 am and I was meant to be asleep around two hours ago but it's not my fault and I can't stop thinking about the beautiful man. If it seems like I missed something or if you wanna ask questions just drop a comment (huh, as if anyone would do that) but yeah...EDDDDD.

And...the British accent never ever ever fails
March 1st, 2013 at 07:17pm