Emotionally traumatising day

The day was going normal, I was playing my Pokemon Black 2, I was dead chuffed because I got my Pokemon onto level 70 and beat Alder. Then my mum went out to watch a concert at my youngest sisters school. I ate lunch and then my other sister came home. We were both happy and watched The Vampire Diaries, but that wasn't the traumatizing part, oh no.

My mum asked if we could hoover the house for her when she was gone and we were like "sure, let's do this", so we blasted Good Charlotte out of the radio and cried because we haven't seen Good Charlotte live.

After about an hour, my sister actually started to hoover and then I decided to wander upstairs to see what the cats were doing. Let me just explain about the cats quickly, so basically we have three, but two of them don't get along so we shut them in separate halves of the house and we let the kitten go between them because she gets along with everyone.

Yeah so back to the story.

I saw one of the cats had something in her mouth and I was thinking "what the hell have you got?" but I didn't think a lot of it straight away because we have loads of cat toys and she also likes to eat random bits of fluff. Then she ran away a little and then I realized she had something that she wasn't supposed to, so I followed her. She started to purr and I was still confused, so I knelt down next to her and she drops something on the floor.

I looked closer and realized it was a dead mouse.I had no freaking clue what to do, and the cat was trying to grab it again, so I grabbed the closest thing to cover up the corpse, which turned out to be a teacup, and covered the mouse up so the cat couldn't get it. At this point, both the cat and the kitten were running around the teacup concealing a mouse.

I didn't know what to do, so I shouted for my sister, but because she was hoovering and singing Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous at the top of her lungs, she couldn't hear me. I decided it would be safe to run down and grab her, as she's better with dealing then stuff then I am, despite being thee years younger than me. So I told her that the cat had just killed a mouse, and I didn't know what to do so I covered it with a teacup. She looked at me like I was insane for a moment then turned off the hoover and went upstairs.

We shut the cats out of the room so we could check the mouse. It looked so pathetic, so we both started to cry. We put it in some tissue, then in an old chocolate box. It was so sad because it was still soft and warm so that means the cat must have just killed it and if I was like three minutes sooner I might have been able to save it. So we brought it back downstairs with us and put the box on coffee table and both stared at the box for like five minutes, crying because the mouse was cute.

All this happened in the space of about ten minutes, so my Mum came home with my little sister, so we just kinda greeted them at the door, holding a dead mouse in a box and crying, which was probably kinda weird.My sister was all happy as well because she won a prize and me and my other sister were just crying like "THE CAT KILLED A MOUSE".

I'm still not 100% sure how it got in. The cats don't go outside often and when they do, it's in an enclosure thing because one of our cats has bad hips and we're worried he will get stuck somewhere. We live in a pretty rural area so I suppose it just crawled in through a crack in the wall or something.

ANOTHER thing was that my mum was talking to a friend of hers and she started telling my mum that this cat used to come around her house whenever they had a BBQ and would beg for food. When she was describing it, my mum realized that it was our cat. One that died last year. We know if at least four houses that he's visited for BBQ's now and another two houses he used to go in to use their cat's litter tray's. He was a cheeky little git.

It's my birthday on Monday too and I'm gonna be 20 and I'm so scared because I'm not ready to have a normal life. Okay???

I'm gonna stop talking now.
March 1st, 2013 at 11:29pm