Does He Like Me? A Guide to my Dead Love Life

Okay, so...
I am a total coward. Or not... really I'm a little confused. I'm not usually the type to overly think about this a lot, but honestly the whole scenario is starting to bug me.

At my school, when it comes to love lives, there are two categories of girls. Ones with frequent/long-term relationships and us. The loners. The ones who would probably rather pretend that the opposite gender doesn't even exist.

So, here is where my story begins! Yay for listening to other people's problems so we can either laugh and feel better about our own lives or laugh at them and think the other an idiot. So I have two best friends, one of which is male. I say male because boy sounds insulting but... man is not the right term. Even guy doesn't really describe him. In short words, he's a bit of a nerd. Okay, a big nerd, but we're friends. Only friends, seriously. Despite the fact the closest I've gotten to him is a hug on his birthday, the entire school was totally convinced we were 'totally like da bestest couple like evah!'. At first we just got questioned, then it got worse. Staring in the halls when we talked, laughing when we were alone and the other's name was brought up in the same room, and sometimes we were stopped in the halls and asked quite plainly if we had made out before.

The absolute worst thing that happened was in French class. I was simply writing, doing my work, you know; normal. Then the girl behind me catches my attention. Pretty red-head, popular. Highly. She asks if I'm dating him. I say very firmly 'No'. She says "Well, you should, you're like the couple of the year." and then, literally, the entire class joins in; shouting out how good of a couple we'd make and blahblahblah. It. was. a. NIGHTMARE. I am not exaggerating. I literally pinched myself to make sure it wasn't actually a dream. It was horrible.

He's not one of those poor friend-zoned guys, we've talked about it. We're good friends because we have mature conversations and we don't bug each other as much as the rest of society. We don't have an intimate relationship in anyway. We're fine like that.

Then there is the other guy. We are not friends. Actually, I barely know his name. We had a class together last semester, English. He sat at the front, I sat in the middle, next to my best friend. Who is male. We have, what I'd call, and 'eye tango' relationship. Actually, now that I think about it, it's even more intimate than the relationship I have with my best friend. Since about mid-way though last semester I noticed he was looking at me. Not a lot at first, but when a guy sits literally 3 seats ahead of you, has no friends of his sitting near you or have even any way to know him at all you notice. I became, let's say intrigued. Crushes are all have as a love life, and if you've paid attention to my past... talks about you might know I haven't actually... really... had any of that. Much. ANYWAY, The more looked at me the more I looked at him. It... was interesting. He had at least one other class with my best male friend and often I would find that he would approach him between classes when we were talking. Like, we'd be talking about the war in Afghanistan and he'd randomly walk up and ask him if he had done the homework. They are not friends, nor do they know each other, I asked. This, along with our little eye dance, happened more and more frequently.

Now, second semester, we don't have any classes. Actually, we did have one; but I had to transfer. In fact, he stopped me in the hall and asked me. I told I dropped it. I still can't decide if it was disappointment in his eyes. So I see him once a day now; in the morning for about 45 seconds. Everyday he looks at me at least once in this time span.

God I sound like an idiot; but I'd LOVE some feedback. Does he like me? Is it nothing? How could I pursue a relationship with someone who barely knows me nor I him? Any other stories like this to share? I'd love to feel less stupid.
Thanks! Bye!
March 2nd, 2013 at 06:20am