Princesses... :/

I got to thinking today and I started to think about my childhood and all the Disney Princesses that I worshiped as a child. There was Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Ariel, Aurora and others too. They were all so pretty and... got what they wanted. This is when i realized that these girls taught me that what i wanted was a man and money/royalty and then I would be a princess. Is that what they are supposed to teach us? Did all i learn was that the meaning of life is to find love? These "princesses" didn't try to get what they wanted but were practically handed it. They didn't work for anything. You could say Cinderella paid her dues by being bossed around by her step-mother but what did she do to accomplish her dream of going to the ball? Nothing. Her little mousy friends made a dress which was later torn apart but then BOOM, all she does is cry. Then there is Ariel who just wanted to walk. She left her family and friends for her own selfish dream. And guess what else? She found love because of it and what did she do? Nothing. Again. She sat there and looked pretty. And don't even get me started on Snow White! What did she do her entire story? Looked too pretty, almost got killed, cleaned rooms for 7 men, fell asleep, and was kissed by a prince whom she had never met till then. Really inspiring story, am I right? So are these stories telling us that in order to find love, that we have to be selfish and just looked pretty and not try for our dreams of maybe becoming a doctor or lawyer? I haven't seen a princess try to do any of those things so why should I? Why should I have to work for something when I can just rely on beauty and "the kindness of my heart" to make something of myself.

I don't know... Just something I was thinking about...
March 2nd, 2013 at 06:22am