Issues: Disney.

These are personal opinions, if you do not agree, don't leave a bunch of hate. Act civilized.

As a child, Disney may seem fun and awesome. It may seem like a really great show for kids and all that. But if you were to watch just three Disney shows in one sitting, you'd realize they all follow the same basic formula. Bubbly kids dealing with school, weird parents and annoying little siblings. All Disney shows are like this, they are never different, they may have new characters, or new cast, but the outline is never different, they may add a few new things, or take away some but that's it.
Now, look further into that. Disney tells kids that they're perfect the way they are and all this bullshit, but yet. At the same time, it's telling kids that if you're not bubbly, or lots of friends that you're weird. That if you don't have a boyfriend by the time they're 14, that they'll never get anyone. This is what I see when I look at Disney now anyway.
And this is just a side note, but at least Nickelodeon has a a show with a character that's 26-years-old and has yet to have a girlfriend! If you know whom I'm talking about, then you obviously have a Tumblr. Welcome.
Now back on track. Back to the contradicting ways of Disney. Moving on to the Disney Princesses. What do they all have in common? They all fall in love with a complete and total stranger and get hitched within a day. Once again, that's telling kids that if the guy/girl is hot, than nothing else matters and that you'll be happy for the rest of your lives with this person, knowing nothing about them, or where they came from, or what they've done.
That's kinda like basically telling your child, face to face, at a young age 'Go ahead! If the person is hot and are charming and want to marry you after an hour of meeting, go for it! Marry him! They could be a decent person!' This bothers me tremendously.
Another thing with Disney that makes me want to scream in annoyance and anger. The shallowness of it all. The females on those shows are so shallow it makes me sick. All they talk about are guys, make up, made up bands and magazines. It's so pathetic.
They also make it a point to bash anyone who's different from the standard cliched character. Example: Goths. They make goths out to look like this weird, moody, witches that sit alone at lunch and do nothing but glare at people. Are you fucking kidding me?
Another example: “Nerds” or “Geeks” (I fucking hate those words). They make nerds and geeks out to look like this scrawny kids with huge glasses, pocket-protectors and pants up to their goddamn chest and are always shown at lunch making some weird fucking chemistry shit. I'm sorry, but I'm technically a “Nerd” and I hang out with other “Nerds” and none of us look or act like this, we just like learning and comics. In fact, I'm the only one who wears glasses. They are not huge. So this gets old and insulting.
Overall, Disney, minus a very select few, should not be shown to young children. It can warps the kids mind into thinking that if they don't act a certain way, or dress a certain way that they are the “weird” kids in the shows and would never be good enough. That pisses me off.
I guess I'm done with this “Rant” or whatever you wanna call it.
March 2nd, 2013 at 11:14am