Prank Caller Scam

So on Netflix, there's this movie called Compliance and it's literally the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Well, actually no, the movie is really good because I couldn't look away from the screen which explains why I'm behind on all of my story updates that I had originally planned to be focused on. Anyway, if you haven't seen it, I'll give you the quick summary.

Some dude calls up a fast food restaurant pretending to be a policeman who has a woman claiming that money was stolen by an employee at the counter. He gives a vague description and the manager thinks it matches one of the girls that work there so she pulls her away from work and then this guy demands they do a strip search. You know what the stupid part is? They fucking do it. They make this poor girl take her clothes off in case she hid the money somewhere and then he makes them do worse things and it's just like oh my God. Why aren't you questioning what he says? Why haven't you checked to make sure this dude is legit? I wanted to slap everyone except for the girls friend who refused to do what the man said.

The sickest part is it's a true story. It happened at a McDonalds back in 2004 and it's just ridiculous. This guy did it to over 70 different places in I think it said 30 different states before he was finally caught. Like holy batman shorts you are a freak dude. He was a family man guys. This man had kids and a wife and when they weren't around he amused himself by prank calling fast food joints and making them violate employees.

So freaking messed up. Like no sir, you need help.

So from now on, if I get asked to go to the back with a manager (if I ever find a job -_-) I'm going to request a warrant, a lawyer, a judge, and the entire county police department to show up and prove that it's legit or I'll request to meet the person accusing me or something. You aren't putting me into a room and violating me over some money that doesn't exist.

That movie guys.... just ugh. It's so stupid because it's like where's your common sense? What cop would order people who have absolutely no permission to preform a strip search just because someone stole money. Like no bro, no. And these people just went with it like "you want me to take her clothes from her? Well you did say that you're an officer without providing any proof to back it up so I guess I should listen."

That movie guys, that movie just proves to me that I should stay inside and only converse with the pizza man through the screen door and only if my brother in law is home since he knows how to kill people and I don't. (Military)
March 4th, 2013 at 09:42pm