21 and finally getting it

I am 21 and I can finally say that I am totally myself finally! I dress the way I want, not the way people expect me to. I act the way I want, not how everyone else wants me to act. It just feels good to finally be content with myself and not to have to worry about what other people expect of me or think of me. It kind of sucks that it took me this long lol. I kinda had it down in middle school but then I regressed because my stepdad believed I had to dress like how everyone else dresses. And act like everyone else. (He was a jock and Mr. Popular in high school) It put a lot of stress on me trying to live up to that expectation. And I did some things I regret like self harm because I believed that I wasn't perfect enough. I felt so much mental pain that I just needed a way to let it out. I no longer do that and haven't in like three years but I still thought I had to be perfect. Well just screw everyone else. I'm going to be me because I am unique.

So my advice to everyone is just be yourself because in the long run it will save you a lot of stress and pain. And if there are haters fuck them, they don't matter anyways. As long as you're happy with yourself that is all that matters.
March 6th, 2013 at 07:01am