"Smile, You're Beautiful."

Suicide. That is something I don't understand... I know how it feels to think life isn't worth living, I know how it feels to be bullied. I was bullied through out pretty much my whole life, from Kindergarten to 10th Grade. Then I finally left Montana in 10th grade and moved here to Pennsylvania where I intended Cyber School for about a year or so before I dropped out. In 4th grade I had to switch schools because of it but that didn't help at all. I was tormented, I was called mean names, I was made fun of because of the color of my skin, the way I dressed, the way I acted, everything. I didn't have any real friends, I was constantly being stabbed In the back and betrayed. Rumors were constantly being thrown around about me. I was the laughing stock at every school. But guess what? I am still here, 19 years old, living. I will admit, Suicide has crossed my mind ONCE, but I realized that life was given to you to cherish, not throw away like a piece of garbage because of a small speed bump. I know life is going to have those speed bumps, I know life is going to kick my ass over and over again until things finally fall into place. Suicide should never be the answer, no matter what, life will get better, you just have to be patient and TRY to make your life better. Don't give up. Don't show weakness. Kick life in the ass back and show it that you aren't going to let it take you alive.

This world is an ugly place and nothing will change that. You just have to not let it get to you and live life THE way you want too.

Nothing is worth taking your life over, or to engage in self-harming. Keep your head up. Things will get better.

No one should never have to know the feeling of not being wanted or that life isn't worth living anymore. Bullying will never be stopped but you can stop them from bullying you. Don't let it get to you, throw it back in their face, don't bully back, but when they call you stupid or a slut, you agree with them, you laugh along with them. Learn how to laugh at yourself. Eventually, those bullies won't find it fun anymore because they feed off your hurt, they want to hurt you but if you show that it doesn't bother you, they will stop. I learned that. I learned to laugh at myself, and you can too. It may seem hard, but it's not. You just make it hard.

Look at all the bands that are big or on their way to getting big. A lot of them were bullied and had fucked up child hoods, but look at where they are now... They didn't let it take them alive, they didn't give up. They made something of themselves. If they can do it, so can you. You just have to try, don't expect it to just fall into your lap, you have to try and I promise, the ending results will be satisfying.

Image

"Smile, you're beautiful"

-Sapphire Sky
March 7th, 2013 at 09:03pm