Ideas.

It happens all the time - I get half way through a fan fiction, and I say it: this will be my last. This will be the last fan fiction that I write, and then I'm going to dedicate my time to my original fiction.

It happens all the time - I change my mind at the last minute.

Lost is in its final stretch. I've got nineteen chapters posted, twenty-five and a half chapters written, and a total of thirty-four chapters planned. And right from the beginning I've been saying that after this one, I'm going to go solely back to writing original fiction. Because I've missed it. Because it can actually get me places in life.

But I've changed my mind again.

I know I'm not the only one who does it - I get a new story idea, get excited for it and make a summary page here on Mibba. I currently have six of them just sitting there, waiting to be written. One of them is called Catch Me As I Fall and it was going to be the sequel to the much-loved Crash Into Me until I decided that it was time for that story to be put to rest. But the story page is still there. The banner still exists.

And I'm finding that I just...really want to write another fan fiction.

So I think I'm going to. Despite the countless original plots already fighting for my attention, I'm going to plan and write another fan fiction. Because I just love it so much.

Does anybody else have this issue?

I've never been in a situation where I've had so many ideas, either. Usually I'm being for something to hit me, and now I have a stack of story ideas in my head and no time to write them all. A friend of mine convinced me today that Camp NaNoWriMo might not be such a bad idea, so I think I'll be doing that next month and tackling one of the ideas that has been begging to be written for over a year. We'll see how that goes.

I just can't wait to get something new out there for my readers.

I also can't wait to see Lost done. But at the same time, I'll be sad to see it end. It's been such an adventure.
March 12th, 2013 at 09:15am