My Rant About Marriage

So there were a few comments said during one of my classes today, and for whatever reason they irked me so much that I just need to vent about this and get it off my mind. This may get a little dramatic but wake me up when I care. :P

We were talking about how some celebrity was hot, and I was like "I think he's married though." and then the other people were like "So?" "That never stopped anybody."

..........................................................

I'm sorry? So? SO? That never stopped anybody?! Honestly, this world is sick. I think I was mentally throwing up violently. Just the way society and people have started treating marriage and sex is DISGUSTING. You're telling me that if somebody is happily with another person and they have kids and a great family, you do not care whatsoever about going in and completely ruining that relationship? That it's not a big deal if a person who is married has a one time fling with somebody else? Looorddd, help me. Do you comprehend how psychologically and physically damaging it is when a relationship like marriage is destroyed? It affects so many different aspects. Especially, if there are kids involved. Family is the building block of society, and if that starts breaking down, things get shaken up. For god's sake don't get married if you don't think you can keep that kind of commitment. And on the other hand, if you know that someone is in a relationship, for god's sake control your lust and leave their happy relationship be.
March 14th, 2013 at 09:54pm