Road Trip Blog #6 (Onward to Orlando)

We had a Sunday camp in the afternoon. We planned to leave at 9:50 but during the night some kid had messed with the fender on the trailer and it needed to be repaired. We left a little later than expected but still arrived to the camp in plenty of time. They had a really nice complex and we had two fields to use. The camp went well. By the end of it the kids usually get tired or get bored and tend to stop listening. After we were done my elbows were redder than my sweatshirt. We went to eat at Steak & Shake because Matt loves that place. The rest of the evening was used for travel. We had to meet up with the trailer who was a half hour ahead of us to fill up our gas tank. We were traveling on the Turnpike and our other car had notified us that there was a bad accident ahead of us so I quickly got off as soon as the traffic stopped and found an alternate way. The trailer got off behind us once they saw us. We ended up getting to Orlando a half hour before them and couldn't quite check in yet but we stopped by a Publix and picked up the essentials. And by essentials I mean I picked up V8 juice and some lotion for my sunburn and they picked up some beers and snacks. By the time we got back to the hotel they director was checking us into our rooms so we got our keys and got into the room I am currently in. It has two beds and a couch area. I love the size of these types of rooms. Monday was to be an off day. Fred had been feeling sick and my throat was still bothering me so we both decided to stay in for that Sunday night. A group of the guys came over and had some Irish car bombs in our room for St. Patrick's day. We had an off day on Monday so neither Fred or I were really in any major rush to go out. Fred had spent a lot of money throughout the first week on food and drinks and my check for the week hadn't gone through yet.

Our off day on Monday was a confusing day. Fred and I usually are early risers and we went down and had some breakfast. Fred's stomach had still been bothering him so he didn't eat much. We went back to the room and he told me that this had been going on for too long and he felt like something was wrong so we took him to a small urgent care center. I checked out the Gamestop next store and read some of the paper. I also went and checked out a Whole Foods stores, which by the way is totally awesome, and then it was time to go. The doctor did some tests and scans and sent him to the hospital. I drove him over there and we both knew it was going to take some time so I headed back to the hotel. It doesn't sound like anything amazing but there's something refreshing about driving around with the sun roof open and the windows down jamming out to some country music. It's just a pleasant experience. I came back and had some lunch and then watched a Rango on Netflix. It wasn't quite what I expected but it was good. I had several welcome interruptions from the guys asking about Fred and just chatting about stuff. I ended up going to pick Fred up around 5 and Brady came with me. I watched some new Archer episodes on my laptop while we waited for his prescription stuff to go through. I've been through that headache before and Fred went through it as well. We picked up some food when we went to get it. I had already been lightly snacking so I just got a smoothie from a juice bar. I have been trying to become a vegan but it's a hard thing to do on the road. We are going to be in the Orlando area for the next few days so I hope to see my brother and maybe check out Universal since it's across the street!
March 19th, 2013 at 06:07pm