I'm not buying into this weight loss/diet nonsense.

I'm so over this whole thought process that to be pretty or have any self worth I have to be a certain shape. Like, what sense does that make AT ALL?

I have been down the road of starving myself, okay, and it's not fucking fun. I have had the flat stomach, the thigh gap, the ribs, the hip bones and collar bones and whatever other nonsense pops up in the bloody thinspo tag on Tumblr. But I am done with that. I try my goddamn hardest nearly every damn day not too hate myself just for eating and for the first time in maybe... nine years? I'm finally okay with my body.

Yes, I have days where I feel ugly. Of course I do. Especially when everywhere arround me I have all this diet and weight loss nonsense shoved right in my face. Why the hell should I lose weight? Why the hell is being fat the worst possible thing for me to be?

Shouldn't we be promoting self-love, instead of telling people that their self-worth is measured by a number on a scale or the size of clothes they wear?

I mean, at college pretty much every day the girls I sit with talk about how they're all going to go on a diet, and they look at me expecting me to join in and that is never going to happen. I've been called fat, I've been mocked for being chubby and told I need to lose weight. I've had people say in other situations "But Amy, you're not fat/chubby, you're pretty!" Like, why the fuck can't I be both? Why can't I be chubby and pretty. I've seen me naked for christ sake, I KNOW I AM CHUBBY, SO SHUT UP.

I have thighs that touch and a pretty much non-existant thigh gap. I fall in the bracket of 'plus-sized' in the modelling industry. I have a belly that my tight tops cling too. I have hips that don't want to fit in skinny jeans and muffin top which, by the way, looks cute as hell. I'm a cute ass chubby princess and if people don't like it, they can take a chair and sit the hell down and wait for me to actually freakin' care.

And when I hear people talk about how they don't want/would hate to have the figure I have, even if they're only talking about themselves, it's still just like "Well, I'm glad you find the thought of having my body so repulsive because I love my body. kthxbai."

But figure aside, why should that even matter? What about personality, the way I can make people laugh, the charity work I've done in my life, my writing, my love for alternative fashion, my views on politics and feminism, my family?

Ugh, I'm just sick of this thought process that I need to lose weight to be happy. I don't. And neither do you. Nobody does. Learn to love yourself the way you are, and change then if you want to. But don't change to make yourself happy.
March 21st, 2013 at 03:28am