Road Trip Blog #8 (The Curse)

I was having a conversation with my roommate about how it feels like the news has been traveling around with us. On the start of this work related road trip I had a stop in Ohio. I believe I stopped in both Toledo and Cleveland along the way and I saw on the news the story about the girl who was so drunk that she blacked out and was raped by two kids and how these teenage kids were tweeting about it online and doing nothing to help the matter. I got to Maryland and I don't remember anything major going on around there (we did get a flat tire the first day) but our first stop was in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area. It was funny because while we were there ESPN said that the Miami/Florida area was the sports place to be with the World Baseball Classic going on and also Dwight Howard returning to Orlando. The day we left the area Dante Stallworth was involved with a crashed hot air balloon in Miami and also there was a small plane that crashed in the Ft. Lauderdale area. A few days later we were on our way to Orlando and there was the incident at UCF where the kid had a dorm room full of guns and planned to have a shooting but the cops arrived sooner than he had planned. On our way to Tallahassee we heard that there was another shooting incident at Florida State. It wasn't as serious as from what I heard it sounded like just a few kids were acting stupid and it wasn't anything extremely dangerous but still it feels like the news is just traveling around with us! I definitely hope that my mom hasn't been keeping up with the news or else she might be worrying about what I'm doing.
March 22nd, 2013 at 02:54am