"And it really looks like you could use some help in that department."

So, I went into Victoria's Secret yesterday for the first time in about four years. Admittedly, I was looking for something nice because I'm planning something nice and yeah.

I walked in the door, and immediately, one of the women that worked there was right in front of me, "greeting" me.

This is how it went:

"Are you looking for anything in particular today?"

"No, I'm just kinda looking."

"Alright, well..." At this point, the woman looked me up and down for a full thirty seconds, and I felt really uncomfortable.

"Our bra specialist is here today. She could work with you and fit you because it really looks like you need a better bra."

"Oh. Uhhhh. No thanks. I wasn't really looking for a bra today..."

"Well, how about I let you look and then she can come check on you?"

"Uhhhhh. Okay?"

"Well, we have all sorts of bras. We have some great push-up bras. All kinds of them. A push up bra could work wonders on you. They add at least two full cup sizes. You could use it, it looks like you need some help in that department."

OH YES, MIBBA. SHE DID SAY THAT. TO MY FACE. SMILING THE ENTIRE TIME.

I just couldn't. How do you just do that? You can't tell me that it didn't cross her mind that she was being at least a slight bit rude.

Yeah, I'm only a big "A" to a small "B", but why would there be something wrong with that?

Why would you assume that just because I have small boobs that I need/want any help with that situation at all?

You would think that a place like that would be perfect for helping women in the body positivity department. After all, they have undergarments of all sizes.

But I guess I never realized (Probably because I never go in there.) how much they are part of the problem.

Looking at all of the promotional pictures and posters, I realized that they follow the trend of promoting the "ideal" body. The "ideal" version of sexy.

Ugh.

Well. I guess that's just my experience, though. Other people may see that in a different light. in fact, I'm sure they do.

And I know for sure that other people love shopping in there. A few of my close friends do.

But I can say they will never have my personal business ever again.

____________________

On a lighter note, I have the day off and have nothing to do.
Want a read/comment?
Drop me a line.
March 22nd, 2013 at 07:10pm