Fans

There's so many things that I want to cover in this blog, that I'm just going to jump right into this, because it's something that's really been bothering me lately. This doesn't apply to everyone, but I'm just simply stating my opinion.
Okay, for starters, I cannot stand it when people say they like a band, when they've only heard one song. I just don't understand how you can even think that it's relative, or needed to lie to someone over someone over something so stupid. If you don't know a band that well, simply say just that. And, if you don't know the band at all, then tell the person the truth, and thank them for introducing you to more music.
I just don't understand how people find it necessary to lie, just to be caught eventually. And, on top of that, it's over something really small. It's not that hard to listen to a band when you get home, and give your honest opinion of them tomorrow. And, if anything, write yourself a note. Don't forget about it. It takes four minutes out of your day, if that. And, you never know, that four minutes could possibly introduce you to your new favorite band. The one you'll be writing fanfction about in a month or so.
Which brings me to yet another point about fans.
When you write fanfiction, that's perfectly fine. There's nothing wring with it. But, when people think that fanctions are real, it really bothers me.
Lets start off with the "ships" that are in every fandom. You know what they are, if you've been on the internet in the last few years. There's Jalex, and Kellic, and whatever One Direction fans say. Writing fanfiction about two people in the band (Also known as "slash") is also fine.
It's not okay when fans start to believe that these things are real. When people believe, from the very bottom of their hearts, that these ships are real. If I'm correct, there was even something about someone from One Direction getting angry because of a ship. And, I'm sorry if I'm wrong. I'm not a fan, so I don't know much about that.
And, another topic, is when several different fandoms hate each other. If it's fandoms for books, or bands, or singers, or whatever, there's always a rivalry between people. It's actually unavoidable, because everyone has their own opinion, and aren't usually afraid to voice it. Especially on the internet.
But, anyways, back to my point. I've noticed how fandoms create "allies" and practically gang up on each other. Like, One Direction, and Justin Bieber (Sorry if that's spelled wrong), and Suicide Silence, and Of Mice & Men. There's almost like "sides" to the fandoms.
I'll always be on the side that's considered "scary" or "dark" just because of my personal taste in music, but that's beside the point. There's the Top 40 side, and then there's the side where people have to use CDs just to play their music in their car.
I'm not exactly complaining about any fandoms in general,but I really do think that some of them need to get their shit together. Like, if someone who listens to different music so much as breaths, they try and slaughter the whole internet.
Let's be rational, we all heard about the Suicide Silence and One Direction thing. (That, will be addressed in an entirely different blog, because I don't want to offend anyone without telling them beforehand that I'm giving my opinion.) Who hasn't heard about it? Anyways, that's a great example I can use.
I won't get into too much detail, but I do believe that that entire battle was lost for one fandom before it was even started. I just don't understand how some of theses "fans" could go as far as to offend someone else just to protect their favorite band. (Which, by the way, had absolutely nothing to do with it. A certain fandom just shoved their way into the mess.)
I just don't get how you could hate someone who feels just the same as you do. Even if it is about something entirely different, they love their favorite band(s) just as much as you love yours.
So, technically, aren't we all the same? Fans, fighting for our favorite band. And, even though we know that we're just crazily obsessed, will stop at nothing for justice of something/someone who most likely wants to avoid the drama anyways.
So, can someone please tell me, why are people starting so much unnecessary drama? Like, are you just bored?
March 23rd, 2013 at 06:18am