So I lost my favorite band tonight...

Tonight, March 22nd 2013, My Chemical Romance broke up.

I was confused at first because my little sister was on my laptop on facebook and looked over at my as I sat on the couch and asked, "Hey, did MCR break up?" At first I was in shock and I told her no. She told me that her friend wrote as a status, "My Chemical Romance broke up and I've never been happier"

I decided to investigate and go on tumblr and sure enough, my whole dashboard was filled with news of the band's break up. Their 'death' so to speak. As I scrolled down and then looked at the official website i started crying, and crying, for nearly an hour or so. My sister comforted and cried with me while my mother told me that it happens all the time.

But they weren't just a band to me! For six whole years I loved them, they were my friends, even if I didn't know them personally. I dedicated my life to them. Whenever I felt sad, or let down, or depressed and on the verge of suicide, I'd turn on the music and everything would be okay. I loved them, Gerard especially, because of all the fucked up shit they went though. They were relatable. They were just like me. Their quotes and promises inspired me to keep myself going.

And then all of this happened.

Now, I'm not giving up on them. I'm not going to stop loving them. Even though I want to I won't hurt myself over this because I know that that's exactly what they don't want me to do. I'm not going to stop listening to them or get rid of all of their merch..

I can't let go of them, even though they all of a sudden after six whole years seemingly abandon me. I'm not ready to and I won't let myself.. And I'll always have hope that hey'll get back together one day and everything will be okay again.

But no matter what happens, My Chemical Romance will forever and always be my favorite band.
March 23rd, 2013 at 08:12am