Now Come One Come All to This Tragic Affair

I KNOW I KNOW, ANOTHER SAD MCR BREAK UP POST but I really am sad lol.

I started listening to My Chemical Romance in the beginning of 7th grade and I'm now almost done with my freshman year of college. I'm obviously not as deeply obsessed now compared to how I was when I first heard them but I will always love their music. I hadn't listened to them in a while but when I heard they broke up, I'm not going to lie...I cried. Not completely sobbed, but those few silent tears.

I think the part that hurts me the most is that I can tell they've changed. Yeah I know they grew up and got married and had children but I really feel like they've lost their initial message and meaning. I feel really offended by their blog post about breaking up.

Your music and personalities have saved thousands of lives and you tell us you've broken up through one shitty ass paragraph on your website? Really? I feel like we deserve more. This fan base is so dedicated and so appreciative and that's what they give us? I had read articles six months or so ago (I know they might not have been real but either way it made a point) that they were talking about their music and the interviewer mentioned how their lives are different and they live in big nice houses & with nice sports cars and I was just like... idk it gave off the impression they didn't give a shit anymore.

I don't really ever put my all in something or someone or a group of people but when I found MCR I put my complete heart, soul, and faith into them. I really admired their music and their message to people and I really felt like I could relate. I felt like they cared about us. And I get they're not sad or in that mindset anymore, but I feel like they've stopped that completely.

However they've given me so much and so many memories whether it's through their songs or from their concerts (I had the privilege of seeing them 5 times), and I will always cherish that. They were the first band I ever really completely loved (besides the Beatles) and they will always be incredibly important to me.

Lately I've been wanting a tattoo but I couldn't think of something I 100% wanted and I think this was a sign to me. I think I owe it to myself to get an MCR tattoo because whether I realize it or like it or not, they're a big chunk of me.

Sending all my love out to my fellow MCR lovers, stay strong guys because we will always have their music and the memories that come along with it.
March 23rd, 2013 at 08:35am