All good things must come to an end...even in a paragraph

Rest in Peace to My Chemical Romance.
My little dark heart is slightly broken. The band will be missed, but I can't entirely say that I wasn't expecting it.
It sucks that it's over, especially with the small 5 sentence note on their website, but you could actually feel it. Gerard's more into his comics and Frank is happy being a dad, Mikey is losing his mind with being happy and in love on the west coast and Ray is quiet, probably happy with his wife (I heard he had a baby, but I'm not sure). I'm extremely sad to see them go, because my dad got me into them, and my dad has passed on, so my heart is a little broken. My boyfriend and I are hoping to attend comic con when Gerard finally releases his upcoming comics.
Now, I don't think any of the members are to blame, it's just the way life is. Time changes folks, some can deal and some cannot. We don't know what's going on within the members or where they're at with their style of music or their choices.
I'm happy to have seen them 5 times in the 7 years I've been a fan; I got to meet Frank and Ray and I've let myself become more outspoken with my own choices and likes thanks to the band. They didn't particularly save my life, but they kept me sane after losing my dad.
I'll miss the music, I'll miss seeing the 4 men together, but I'll cherish the memories most of all.
If they saved your life, I'm so happy that you've come from that dark place and found hope in MCR. All you can really do is thank them and appreciate the 12 years they were a band. You don't need -or rather- SHOULDN'T bash them for ending so abruptly; be happy that they've found a place to where they are happy to step back and see how many lives they saved and all the wonderful music they've made.
Plus, Fall Out Boy went on hiatus for nearly 4 years, so says MCR won't reunite?

On a side note; I was really hoping to hear a studio version of that song Gerard wrote for Bandit.
March 23rd, 2013 at 06:55pm