Thank You My Chemical Romance

I seriously felt sick to my stomach when I went on the internet this morning. I thought it was a joke, some sick, sick joke. But then I realised it wasn't.

They really have broken up.

My dad laughed at me, telling me I was being stupid and pathetic, because they were just a band.

Let me tell you right now.

They were not just a band.

They gave countless people hope, love and the feeling that it's OK to be messed up, because there are four guys out there just as messed up as you.

For me, they made something I felt utterly at home with, something that I belonged to. Something where everyone understood me and the fact that I got share that sense of belonging with millions of other kids who were just as fucked up as me made me feel complete.

My Chemical Romance changed the world and I feel as if I owe everything to those guys. When I felt like I couldn't take it anymore, all I had to do was grab my shitty little old iPod and listen to them for hours on repeat.

They gave me something to believe in, something to make all the shit in my life go away. They made me a stronger, better person through their music and anyone who can do that has something special.

Special is the only way to describe MCR. They have something that no one else has. It's something raw and brilliant and so fucking incredible it's unbelievable.

They taught me I can do whatever I want. They inspired me and I've learnt from them that no matter what, you keep going.

So that' why every member of the MCRmy has to stay strong. Don't throw away everything those wonderful, genius guys have worked their fucking asses off for. Don't. Please.

What they've created is beyond words. I can sit here in front of my laptop and type away about how great they are, but at the end of the day, nothing I do will ever be enough to capture the beauty of their music and what they've done for us.

My Chemical Romance has the best fans in the world and even though I don't know you all, I feel like we're a family. We're all united through their music and I'm so proud to say I'm part of this family. I don't want to make it sound like a cult or a religion, but I truly believe this band is a way of life.

It doesn't matter whether you're on the other side of the world from me. If you love MCR, I feel as if we're part of something together and we're family.

This will only make the MCRmy stronger and closer than ever before because if those guys have taught us anything, it's that you are all beautiful and that you can get through this. Every day is worth living and as long we have their legacy, their music, we can do anything we want to. We are strong.

And anyway. Somewhere deep, deep inside of me, I have feeling that this isn't last we've heard of My Chemical Romance.
March 24th, 2013 at 01:03am