"[MCR] betrayed me" "Why is [MCR] doing this to me? WAH WAH WAH"

Okay, to those super MCR fans complaining about MCR's breakup "ruining their lives" and "betraying them," I feel there's something that needs to be said:

The members of MCR are. real. people. They have. real. lives. They go about normal. everyday. lives. They just happened to be in a band that you fell in love with. I understand being upset and pained about their breakup, because, hey, it's natural to be upset about your favorite band finally disbanding.

But claiming MCR betrayed you/ruined your life with their breakup? That's just insane. I know it sounds really mean, but get over it. If you're going to try and shame them and blame them for your problems in life then you really to think things over about how you're going about life. I feel it's wrong to point the fingers, especially since they're real, individual humans that can make real, individual decisions for themselves, not for you?

They all have their reasons for finally splitting. Good reasons, most likely. They demonstrated their natural right to do what they please with their lives; they chose to go down certain paths because they can, and you're going to have to respect that no matter how much you loved MCR, or how badly you want them to continue making music as a band.

It's unfortunate and it hurts, I know, I understand, they've been in my life through half of my childhood, but I respect their decision but I'm not going to shame them or blame them for how I feel. We have to come to terms with their decision and move on, as painful as it is.
March 24th, 2013 at 02:26am