Another blog about My Chemical Romance.

I’m commented on so many different people’s blogs of this topic, with little spats of my view; and I now feel I am settled enough to configure it all into a prose.

I’d like to start up by saying that, well, as every other fan as said: Bugger me! I can’t stress enough that I really am upset by this - I’ve been a fan of the band since my discovery of them at the age of ten, when my mildly alternative baby sitter shoved me in front of Kerrang TV for hours at a time because she didn’t know what else to do with me. Since then, it’s developed from a humble fascination to an obsession and then back again, varying in intensity as the years have rolled by. I don’t know how I stock up compared to the average fan, but I like to think that they meant a lot to me in a sort of subtle light and that they truly did impact positively upon my life.

But, as stated by the band, all good things have to come to an end.

When I first heard about it, from a fiction I subscribe to on here wouldn’t you believe, it was an odd feeling to say the least. It wasn’t a great flux of sadness or relief, but more so just a great amount of emotion, similar in a way I suppose to the feelings I got from their more intense sound. I sat there for a moment, after reading the post on the My Chemical Romance news feed, and just thought. What had happened? Why had it? I proceeded to do what everyone else did, check around, see what the scope was, and see what others had tweeted. I found more of the same with little more explanation, only bashed up with opinion.

I know a lot of fans are upset and annoyed at what has happened, with plausible reasoning too. But some of what I have seen is downright appalling and this was all I really wanted to talk about in this entry.

To all the fans who leave comments like “How could they do this to us?” and “Why are they betraying us?” - I would like to tell you, you can suck it. In its most basic form, My Chemical Romance was producing a product, which they put out for us to purchase and enjoy. Looking at it on a deeper level, My Chemical Romance were producing a product that was damn hard to make, put them under a lot of strain (both in the stress of the job and on a personal level) and needs for one to have talent and effort to produce – Which you then purchase and enjoy. Will someone please explain to me how, in any of that process, the members of My Chemical Romance owe you a fucking thing? What? The ten quid your CD cost means they owe you their entire working lives? Is this the logic here? More obviously, I’ll imagine it’s because of how good of a band they are and the sway that had over your life? So your response is then, by this logic, to think that they owe you their talent, because, what, they have talent? Rambling aside, they do not owe you a thing. They could have not said a word and simply disappeared – They still wouldn’t “owe” you an explanation. If anything at all, you owe them a peaceful ending, for the damn hard work they put into the band, which is evidently what they are seeking. Are the fans really so selfish? So dehumanising of the band that they are beyond caring what the actual band members think? They just want to keep in tune with their imaginary, romanticised version of the band? With no regard to the reality of the members?

I know I sound harsh about this, and by god I am still upset. But I’ve been scarpering twitter and the shit that the “fans” are coming up with is monstrous and selfish, aside from the #cutforMCR, which in itself is a complete sack of shit that again disregards the feelings of the band, the band have been being sent what is in my book abuse, whether it be directed at them aggressively or simply a fan saying they have no reason to live anymore. Did we really not see this coming? Really? They wanted to quit at the end of The Black Parade and didn’t, then they come up with a polar opposite sound to what they had previously been producing. Gerard’s already revising his comic book series and the others had been working on other projects – Was this not enough? Are you really shocked? Or is the fantasy in the band, the fan fiction and such, over throwing what we really believe them to be like?

My humble response in the end was simply: Good luck fellas. My Chemical Romance was great, thank you for providing me with that service for twelve years of your lives. I really, really love you.
March 24th, 2013 at 05:12pm