What everyone seems to be talking about....(crying, screaming, etc.)

So My Chemical Romance has broken up. Now I know, what most of you guys are probably thinking. "o my god another rant/depressing monologue by a teenage fan girl"

No, I wouldn't say so.

I've been listening to MCR since I was around 9 years old and they were the first band I ever stuck too that didn't come from my dads collection of music.

And while most of their music has stuck with me after almost ten years of listening....I've grown up.

I've never been the type of person to center myself around a band or make someone's music my first priority. I'm not sad, I'm not angry at their breakup. To be honest, I don't feel anything but a simple shrug.

Things change all of the time. And it sucks a little, realizing that even some of the things you think won't change, end up becoming something of the past.

My Chemical Romance was a big chunk of my childhood. But I don't know them personally and as much as I enjoyed their music and connected to it, it doesn't give me some sort of parallel, personal way to each of the members (if that makes any sense at all)

It's a sad thing that their union has come to an end. That when speaking of the band will now be in present tense. But it's time to grow up.

Maybe one day they'll be back, who knows? But for now, it's time to accept the facts.

So just a quick thank you to the 5 men who really taught me a thing or two about being myself and not givin a shit about what anyone thinks about it. I couldn't imagine a childhood without the music, so thank you.
March 25th, 2013 at 07:11am