Story Help? Comment Swap?

Hello there, everyone! Sorry if this is a super long entry, but it’s been a while. Just last week I was minding my business when an idea for a story threw itself in my face and tried to suffocate me with inspiration. This was a welcome experience, and I’m quite glad it happened, because I’d been feeling burnt out in the writing department before then.

Anyway, the idea’s name ended up being Sticky, and it’s to be a sad story with a touch of suspense. It started out being a one-shot, but then began to develop more and more in my mind. You see, there have been many stories in which someone is raped, and while I don’t necessarily wish to jump onto the bandwagon and write one myself, I am. In the beginning the story was only supposed to be about the main character (Hartley) and how being raped has affected her to the point that everything is reminding her of what happened, and no matter how hard she tries she can’t forget. But after having a friend read it, and her making a remark about how much was left out, ideas just started appearing out of thin air. Now I’m attempting to write a longer story, where none of the chapters are in any sort of chronological order, but in the end make total sense.

I don’t know, does that make sense? Like it doesn’t start with Hartley being raped and end with her telling someone about it, but goes about it in a roundabout way where one chapter will be the night and one will be about her mom finding out but not knowing who did it, and then ending with Hartley finally coming clean about her rapist, with a few others in between to flesh it out. Is it even possible to write this and have it flow well? Please help me!

On another note, it’s been a while since I’ve done a comment swap, so let’s do one now! I’m open to swapping most stories I’ve written, a list with a tiny exert of each one will be included at the end of this entry, and I’ll read anything you want me to. Though as a warning if you want to swap a fanfiction I may or may not know much about the fandom depending on what it is. (Most likely I’ll know a little, but just in case I figured you have the right to be privy to my ignorance.) Bring on the stories, people!

Stories/Summaries

All for Her (PG-13, one-shot, original): “So, Rachel,” She said quietly, turning to me and holding up the jar to the light, “are these my new eyes?”

The Hospital (PG-13, 4 chapters, original, complete): I had known where we'd been headed, certainly, but I hadn't realized the seriousness of what was going on until we'd arrived. The drive climbed upward at a steep angle, and slowly the building came into view, and a shiver went down my spine. (All for Her and The Hospital actually have the same two main characters, but the stories don’t go together at all.)

The Dancer (PG, one-shot, original): Her steps falter as soft mist settles over her eyes and muddles her brain. The judges are quick to notice, pens flying over the paper so fast that smoke curls up from the words and into the air.

Let’s Die Together (PG-13, one-shot, original): "You know, if I ever die sometime in the near future, I want this to be the place they bury me. That way I can always be in my favorite spot in the whole world, and when you visit me, you can remember all of the fun things we used to do together."

There is No Love that Lasts Forever (PG, one-shot, original): Grandpa looked at me with a sadness that didn’t suit him, and I felt terrible for causing him pain. Acid rain poured down our faces, burning holes into our clothes, our skin, and the floor.

Answer Me (PG, one-shot, Criminal Minds fanfiction): Later on that night, Spencer sat on his bed, staring at the phone in his hand. 'Should I call him?' he thought. 'What could it hurt, really?'
March 26th, 2013 at 12:45am