I Was Accused Of Plagiarism

I posted my story "The Craving" on tumblr. I thought people would like it. First chapter went well, but when I posted the second one, I was called a "rip-off."
Apparently, someone else wrote a story similar to mine. I had no idea of it's existence until people commented on it and messaged me. I even said I had not heard of that story, but luck would have it, no one believed me. I've been in a situation similar to this, though it was about a completely different topic. I plan to let this blow over because what am I supposed to do about it? I can prove that I hadn't read it. And the author even said I plagiarized so, obviously, everyone is going to believe I did.
In all honesty, it was a mistake. Shit happens. It was an accident and I had no intentions of copying someone else's work.
On another note, I might delete my story. Though it isn't a copy, I don't want to be bitched at. I don't think it's fair to me because I put a lot of fucking effort into it, but shit happens.
I'm really upset because I was excited to be working on this, but I guess I'll have to cut it off. I might leave it up, but I don't know if I'll ever update. I don't want to be accused of being a "rip-off."
March 26th, 2013 at 10:21pm