Can I just take a moment to say

...You are all pretty wonderful. Really. Just because I know that none of you are thinking it right now and I think you should all be reminded of it.

Seriously. I'm not just being dumb or corny, though I did drink a litre of coke and am on a caffeine high. But I lurk through the blog pages and even see author's notes where people are so down on themselves -- even though I am guilty of it too, and it really gets to me.

Just think about this: you are a writer. You may not think that you're a good one, but you have the strength and courage to post it on a website, and that's pretty damn special. Most of you are more intelligent than a lot of people I've met in real life and the ideas that you all come up with blows me away.

Feedback schmeedback. Your stories are creative and you've birthed them from the most desolate corners of your minds and you should be proud of that. I've been commenting on stories more often recently and I just find it so sweet how some of you reply to me and thank me. Seriously. These are your stories. You're pretty damn awesome for having them up here.

And as for self esteem... I for one have a pretty damn low one. And I guess it says a lot that I've met people on this site that I can be myself around, because I'm a very private person and I'm cautious in all aspects of my life. So I hope you've all met people that support you on here too, because Mibba is a very supportive place and that's one of the things that I love about it. And I can honestly say that ninety-nine percent of the people I've met on here deserve to think they're goddamn fantastic.

So this is a little thought, prodding at the back of your brain. And I hope that it gets through to at least some of you, and if not, I'll stalk your profile pages until you believe me. You're all pretty awesome and brave. Mibba loves you. Mibba would miss all of you.

So feel safe here. Feel safe in what you post and what you say because we're all individuals and we all deserve to be ourselves. Post the most fucked up story ever. Say something random on the blogs. Be yourself, and I guarantee at the very least that I'll love you for it.

HUGS ALL ROUND GUYS. <3
March 28th, 2013 at 04:43am